Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 05:42 PM

Getting Older

I realised I no longer have the nerves of steel I used to have: big dipper rides are now out of the question, much too dangerous (even the Runaway Train at Alton Towers became a white knuckle ride) and, last week, my eldest granddaughter passed her driving test and she took me for a spin in her car - I felt very nervous

What things about you have you noticed have changed as you've gotten older?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 05:51 PM

Re: Getting Older

I agree about younger people and their driving! My niece drove me and her mum to my other niece's on Christmas Day and by the time we'd got home from the return journey I felt quite sick!

I'm sure there are some other wussy things about me now I'm older; will try and think of them.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 05:54 PM

Where does our backbone go Jazzi - it seems to affect a lot of people and it just made me wonder why it happens. Last night, I heard a thud in the living room (below my bedroom) and I gingerly crept downstairs - years ago I'd have gone down all guns blazing! What turns us wimpy?
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 06:21 PM

Same here I used to go on the big dipper time and time again at Gt Yarmouth funfair but no way would I go on it now. I wonder why that is.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 06:27 PM

I've still got me gumption - just about, although I'm feeling the strain more now - its a lot more bother fighting me corner ....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

14-10-2013, 06:27 PM

It's puzzling isn't it Stella - I used to love going on The Mouse at Blackpool - wild horses wouldn't drag me on it now!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote Kal .......[IMG]What things about you have you noticed have changed as you've gotten older?[/IMG]
Me hair - who'd have thought it !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 06:35 PM

My sense of balance is not good these days.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 06:35 PM

Oh a thousand and one things,it hasnt helped living here, you are so safe but there have been two burglaries on the park and its a bit frightening now.You don't hear the noises when you loose your hearing as well.Also I say it as it is ,don't wrap anything up nowadays.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 06:37 PM

Find it harder to get up again after bending down to get something from a low cupboard.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top