Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 09:45 AM

My upstairs neighbours

Well, I expect things will get worse now! I'd left a note to upstairs neighbours again warning them of their behaviour and that every organisation, including Environmental Health, was aware and found it left on my door mat this morning!!

The good behaviour lasted but a few days and for the past week it has worsened.

Written again to housing association and owners, attaching a copy of that note so they can see I wasn't nasty or threatening, saying I was appealing to their better nature, but that obviously they didn't have one.

I've sent it to two people at the HA who I've dealt with asking have these people even been threatened with eviction? Also said my headache was worse, not going, and could they do something constructive and positive before I drop dead with a brain haemmorhage!! Yes, I used those words. We'll see.

Morning, by the way.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 10:28 AM

Re: My upstairs neighbours

Jan darlin' - ignore the HA, go direct to the LA Environmental Health Officers. You're entitled to 'Quiet enjoyment of your property' and if, through excessive noise from these ignorant neighbours you're not getting that - get EHO to place sound detectors in your place for a week and record whatever noises are emanating from upstairs. Armed with that information the EHO can then prosecute your neighbours in the Magistrates Court. That should perhaps have the desired effect.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 10:58 AM

Some sound advice there Uncle Joe - I wouldn't have thought of requesting that (I shall store that info away just in case I ever need it!).
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 11:08 AM

I sent them the 3 week diary notes quite some time ago and not heard back from them.

I'm out to a hospital appointment shortly and will have to speak to the council another day. Just waiting for feedback from housing association. I'm on THEIR waiting list for recording equipment, but don't know how long that will be.

All I'm hoping is that them upstairs are looking elsewhere in the meantime. I'm trying to excuse their 'couldn't give a damn' reaction. But that's me - just hoping.

The flat owners counter moan that I am 'sensitive to noise and don't want anybody living in the flat'. If they were woken up every night by slamming doors and slamming windows, which could sometimes happen at 3am, then I think they would have something to moan about!

I've told them before I won't give up on my cause. Just hope they remember it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

14-10-2013, 11:12 AM

Just checked my emails. One of my correspondents has replied, saying he's emailed the flat owner and will revert to me when he has a response.

Something, I suppose!

Right, really MUST switch off computer and go to my hospital appointment.

Catch you later folks, and thanks for your replies. x
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

14-10-2013, 01:11 PM

Dont bother with the "other" advice you just got,you have tried the nice way,the civil way,the legal way,now you play hardball with them like they are doing to you,they obviously like to stand over people so my only advice is this!
Do you know any bikers? I'm serious too,preferably with a patch on their back! they will sort that right out and very quickly without even raising their voices,never mind a hand,they will not even touch them,one look and your problem is solved mate,I am serious and it really works too!
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 01:22 PM

Why don't you do what the average person would do ...
Just move ... end of story ..
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

14-10-2013, 01:29 PM

Just move is easier said than done,why should she move because of someone else's behaviour?
She probably would if flats and houses were readily available,its bad enough here in OZ so the UK would be 10 times worse,its very hard to get accomodation wether you are working or retired,they are the splinter,not her,remove them,the splinter,problem solved?
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 01:50 PM

why should she?? she bought her flat 19 years ago, their flat is rented there's a vast difference, no,they should change (willingly or not)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Moving isn't always that easy, our upstairs neighbours are a nightmare, previous tenants were lovely so when they say we are being over sensitive I can at least point to the fact we had 4 under 5's above us for years and never complained to anyone.

Some people should just never be allowed to live in flats IMO.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top