Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 10:30 PM

Bye Chopper

Standover man, author and murderer Mark Brandon "Chopper" Read has died in a Melbourne hospital from complications arising from liver cancer.

He probably won't be much missed but he was a character depicted in many films and sketches.

jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 03:18 AM

Re: Bye Chopper

When I was till working, we (the teachers union) acquired a new clerical assistant. Lovely lady who eventually told us she was Chopper's ex-wife!
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

11-10-2013, 01:54 AM

What a sad day for Australia,it lost a beloved son when "Chopper" passed away,sure he was a crim,he was no Ned Kelly but he only ever sorted out other crims and pimps and drug dealers,he never bothered any law abiding citizen in his later years,sure he was a standover man and a fearless man too,but there was something about him that people admired,why i dont know,but to me he was just a bloke who took a few wrong turns in his life but did try to redeem himself.RIP Mark "Chopper" Read.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2013, 02:04 AM

sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2013, 03:41 PM

Don't worry when we all die someday there will be ...

and one canadian

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top