Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 10:24 PM

It gets on my nerves.

I'll tell you what drives me nuts on telly quite often - inappropriate music.
They put music to everything, even when it's not needed and it sometimes actually ruins the scene. In wildlife programmes, documentaries, people trying to talk etc. As if an orchestra would strike up in the middle of the jungle! I'm not against a few violin strings as in the famous shower scene of Psycho etc, it adds to the tension and excitement, but I firmly believe alot of it is totally inappropriate.
Now I have started watching for it, it's surprising how often it happens, and sometimes it's so loud it even drowns the person trying to speak.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 10:36 PM

Re: It gets on my nerves.

Watchdog is guilty of this. I even sent a Tweet during one show asking for the music to be turned off because it distracted me from the announcements. As it is a consumer advice show what they're saying could be important. The result is I won't watch it now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 10:49 PM

I know Jazzi, it's so stupid.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 10:49 PM

Must be an age thing, I can't hear a word they say with background music..it's so distracting and makes me feel sooo mad trying to guess what they are talking about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-10-2013, 10:50 PM

We can't be the only ones, I do wish these people would listen to the licence payers.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 11:08 PM

So true

In our house we like to guess the identity of the voice overs in tv ads.

They are mostly Robert Webb, Holly Willoughby & Nick Hancock.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 11:13 PM

Yes that 'Incidental Music' I think they call it drives me mad too, maybe they should change it to accidental music as it badly damages the programs.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 07:55 AM

Oh another guilt prog was Police Camera Action (and others like it), normally played during a chase. The presenter is talking through it but the music is loud and intrusive. I'd have to turn down the volume and put on sub titles.

Why do they do it??? I just cannot see the reason.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 12:30 PM

I was watching an old 70 film a couple of weeks ago and the 'mood' music was really bad (but typical of that time) and I actually laughed at it; it spoilt it as it was a thriller I was watching!

Is music really necessary in programmes and films?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We can't be the only ones, I do wish these people would listen to the licence payers.
We are not Mups - there have been 'many' complaints ....
I really feel the TV companies are only interested in the younger market ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top