Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 07:34 PM

Moors and Christians

Last night we went to a Moors and Christians fiesta, it was fantastic. A few photos here.

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 07:38 PM

Re: Moors and Christians

The whole procession took over 3 hours, the floats, the choreography, the bands, the costumes, everything was superb.

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 12:37 PM

I've been to a fair few of those and it is a spectacle to behold. I have some photos but they're on my other laptop.

I've often said that the Moors & Christians festivals outdo the Disney Parades!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

08-10-2013, 12:50 PM

Funny you should say that ben-varrey, I have said many times that when it comes to fiesta processions the Spanish could teach Disney a thing or two. The Moors and Christians in particular are just amazing.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Funny you should say that ben-varrey, I have said many times that when it comes to fiesta processions the Spanish could teach Disney a thing or two. The Moors and Christians in particular are just amazing.
Aren't they just - I don't think I've ever seen anything so spectacular and it goes on for hours! Another nice thing is that there is no charge to go and see it, all the seating is free as well for those who want to sit (well, it was in Moraira anyway). Brilliant event and I would recommend it to anyone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 01:46 PM

It looks like you had another spectacular evening, Loretta .... I really enjoy looking at your fiesta procession pics.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 07:50 PM

Great pictures Loretta, same as Mags I love looking at them, thanks.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

09-10-2013, 12:20 AM

Thanks all. Yes it was an absolutely brilliant night, over 3 hours of pure entertainment, I particularly love the bands, the music they have for the Moors and Christians is very hypnotic. As ben-varrey stated about, if you ever get a chance to go and watch one of these events, do so, you'll find it well worth it, and all for free.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top