Join for free
thaile314
New Member!
United States
thaile314 is male 

06-10-2013, 12:28 AM

Survey of Graphical Perception

We would like to invite you to participate in this brief 15-30 minute survey. This is part of a University of Washington research project. The overall goal is to allow for the better design of graphical information for health related purposes in the future.

The survey will present you with three different graphical displays and ask you to make judgments about overall size and proportion of parts in the display. Our goal is to provide guidelines to help improve the effectiveness of different graphs. Your participation in this endeavor is crucial to our success.

Completion of the survey is voluntary and we will keep responses anonymous. At any time you can stop the survey.

If you have any questions, contact Thai Le (tle23@uw.edu), Dr. George Demiris (gdemiris@uw.edu), or Dr. Hilaire Thompson (hilairet@uw.edu). You may also contact the University of Washington Human Subjects Division at (206) 543-0098 if you have any questions about your rights as a research participant.

If you agree to participate in the survey, please follow the link to the survey:
[mod edit link removed]
Thank you for your interest,
Thai Le

PhD Student
Biomedical and Health Informatics
School of Medicine
Box 358047
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 03:09 AM

Re: Survey of Graphical Perception

Well of course I for one am not going to click on your link because I don't know if it's safe to do so. Also, this is predominantly a British forum, so I very much doubt our input will be of any use to you.
thaile314
New Member!
United States
thaile314 is male 

06-10-2013, 03:25 AM

Thank you for the feedback. Any participation is valuable (we are interested in English speaking participants from older adult communities). The link is through the University of Washington.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 03:55 AM

If your first post made any logical sense, then you may get better feedback.

The overall goal is to allow for the better design of graphical information for health related purposes in the future.

What is that supposed to mean? What health related problems are you trying to focus on? People in the UK, which is where this forum is, or India, China, Peru, Africa - where?

This forum is designed for members Over 50, but I get the distinct impression that you are well below that age and trying to gather information for a project which you're working on perhaps for a college project. Sorry, but you're in the wrong place here and I for one will not provide you with any information. There is a Health & Fitnesss section on this forum which you may find of interest for your project.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 07:50 AM

Maybe it would be better to post the questions rather than a link... as people will not click on links as they often are scams in one form or another .
I would be interested in seeing the questions but wont click on unknown links
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 09:08 AM

Hello Thaile and welcome

Please note links to surveys or questionnaires are no longer allowed. Instead please post all questions into a thread (along with possible options if there are any) then anyone wishing to fill in the questionnaire can do so in the thread easily and quickly, eg, 1A, 2C, 3A, 4B etc

This way everyone can see the questions posted but also get a chance to see the 'results'.
Additionally, email harvesting can not take place.

Thank you.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top