Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2013, 03:40 PM

UK Climate Maps

Posting this in a separate thread in case people find it useful/want to link to it.

Here are a series of maps to help paint a picture of the climate in parts of the UK... I am surprised by some actually!

Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2013, 06:27 PM

Re: UK Climate Maps

QI Azz.. considering we are only so many hundreds of miles long, there is quite a difference between north and south, even east to west (and we are not very wide.)
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 12:13 AM

Yeah, it's a shame we can't all be in that lovely sunshine :mgreen:

What I found quite surprising is how different the Islands are - Isle of Man and Isle of Angelsey.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 08:35 AM

I don't understand the maps IOM and Anglesey look quite similar to me, have I got that right?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 10:12 AM

It amuses me to look at these charts and ponder why most tourists flock to the West of Scotland when the weather in the East is so much better!

In fact, the Eastern coastal fringe doesn't vary such a lot from N Scotland down to East Anglia.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

06-10-2013, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I don't understand the maps IOM and Anglesey look quite similar to me, have I got that right?
Yep they do funny how the islands seem warmer, yet, I would expect them to be colder.

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
It amuses me to look at these charts and ponder why most tourists flock to the West of Scotland when the weather in the East is so much better!

In fact, the Eastern coastal fringe doesn't vary such a lot from N Scotland down to East Anglia.
I love Scotland, but every single time I have been it has been soooooo cold

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top