Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 01:40 AM

Has anyone got a humidity monitor?

If so what are your readings these last few days?

It's been in the mid 70s here

(I think ideal is meant to be around 30 to 50)
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 02:19 AM

Re: Has anyone got a humidity monitor?

30 to 50 what? Farenheit or Centigrade? 70F is quite warm, but as this country has low humidity it is rare for anyone to suffer discomfort at that temperature. I know I don't, but everyone is different.

Then again, I is old lady with thin skin, so any hot weather is a blessing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 08:36 AM

High 60's Azz, very warm at night too for the time of year. Raining at the moment so if it gets sunny later the humidity will go up even higher.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 08:39 AM

Its the percentage of water in our air mollie.... not good for us with stiff joints ...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning...omena/humidity

We are 87% to day
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 08:40 AM

Hi there,
The Humidity here in Nottinghamshire is 88per cent today according to my weather forecast I have on for the area. Temperature between 16 and 18 degrees and sunshine and showers. Don't know where you live Azz. It is warmer than it should be today but I know it was a lot colder yesterday and didn't look at the humidity. I have a MSN front page and you can put your weather for your home town on permanently and it appears near the top of your page. I also look at my Grandkids place in France just to compare how their weather is against mine. I don't think it was too warm this morning as my central heating came on and it doesn't come on unless its cold.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 08:56 AM

Azz if you go to the BBC Weather site the humidity level is given on the right hand side of the page under 'Observations' and you can check your area..
Here in Worcestershire today Friday it is ...
17°C
Humidity: 87%
This is Cardiff
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653822
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
If so what are your readings these last few days?

It's been in the mid 70s here

(I think ideal is meant to be around 30 to 50)
It's funny this because here humidity is usually less than 50% (today it was about 34%). I remember a friend of mine visiting England for the first time wasn't worried at all by the temperature. "Only 23'C in mid summer that's not even a spring temperature!"

What they hadn't counted on was the humidity, it might have only been a spring temperature to them but the humidity nearly killed 'em - seemed far, far hotter, uncomfortably so. I laughed when they told me.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 03:13 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone

The humidity on the weather forecasts always seems to be out - Cardiff is showing as 99% for example, but right now my monitor is showing 75% hence I wondered if anyone has a monitor and checks their indoor humidity as well. (It should be less indoors, because of heating/ventilation etc)

It definitely feels more damp and clammy here, than it does at my mums house, and so I think it varies by area - in Wales we have the highest rate of Asthma sufferers it's because it is so damp here

This is the monitor I have got if anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TFA-Dostmann...midity+monitor

If a few of us get one we could start up a humidity check thread to see how it differs in different areas

Oh btw, I forgot to say why it is important - when humidity reaches above a certain level (I think 55%) bacteria and mould love it and grow much faster (so basically, it's not good to live in damp enviroments)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 03:14 PM

Humidity here in the SW is showing 76%....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

04-10-2013, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Humidity here in the SW is showing 76%....
Is that on a monitor or weather website Mags?

75 here - maybe this house isn't so bad after all

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top