Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 07:02 AM

Cartoons v Animated Films

I used to love cartoons but have never been able to settle and watch an animated film, no idea why but they just tend to bore me after a few minutes.

Are you content with animated films of today (I loved all the Disney films so I put the in a different bracket) like Avatar or do you prefer actors?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 08:31 AM

Re: Cartoons v Animated Films

Love Toy story, Wallace and Gromet and Ice age, and some of the Disneys but in general I prefer actors. Just those few couldn't be done better with real people.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 09:29 AM

I love both. Could happily sit down to episodes of the Simpsons and Flintstones, Tom and Jerry and any cartoon film. I also loved Avatar and Shaun the Sheep.

No real preference, they all entertain me, sometimes more than living actors.

I think the creators/writers are and always have been extremely clever and knowledgable.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 10:00 AM

I like both, but a lot of animated films are too OTT for me and I switch off... so cartoons I prefer ......
Toy Story and ~Nemo are the exceptions - Toy Story is just class, so well done .......
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 04:05 PM

I think the computer generated films are a bit "samey" whereas the old cartoons had a bit more individuality, not to mention all those man-hours and artistic skill it took in those days.
Aardman make the characters & sets so it's more like puppetry, I suppose. A lot of action films use too much computer generated and animated stuff these days, you can't believe anything you see!
My favourite at the moment is "Despicable Me" but given a choice I'd go for "Lady & The Tramp" or "Jungle Book" have to re-buy on DVD though to watch them.
If there's nothing else I like on TV I'll plump for "Spongebob"!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 04:21 PM

I miss Tom & Jerry. Loved their antics with Spike the dog.

I love most animations, especially Shrek and all the Disney ones.

Don't like the ones my hubby watches - American Dad and Family Guy and I get fed up of the Simpsons.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 04:55 PM

I just don't know how they get away with the content of American Dad & Family Guy, it's unsavoury to say the least! The Simpsons are not as bad but, the Halloween specials can be awful. Not that I watch them, you understand.........
Love Shrek, he's my kinda guy!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote Twiz - Love Shrek, he's my kinda guy!

Love that !!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

03-10-2013, 05:06 PM

Could do with a bit of facial hair though, Pats, as you know I'm a bit partial!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2013, 05:11 PM

Has any one seen life of Pi ? one of the best films ever ... and for the first time in my life I can say as good if not better than the incredible book

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top