Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 02:55 PM

weddings

years ago when you got an invite to a wedding...you would buy a present....receive a thank you card ...and you would be invited to see all the present on a certain day before the wedding......now you get your invite with a list of presents the bride and groom would like....all chosen from a certain department store...you can go on line...choose one ...pay for it ...and the shop sends it to the bride and groom....you don't even get to see the presents.....bring back the old days.....how do others feel
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 03:01 PM

Re: weddings

I haven't been to a wedding for some 25 years so I have no feelings about it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 03:23 PM

The last wedding I went to ( my niece) the couple had been living together for years and had two children so didn't need wedding presents.

Instead vouchers or cash were requested which guests could place in a box at the reception if they chose to donate
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 03:26 PM

Agree with you Lavender - all change now ....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 03:37 PM

Yes, I agree Meg.
Most couples live together for quite some time before they marry now.
I don't think it is a bad thing, though I think the children should come later, after the wedding.
I like the idea of vouchers or cash and choosing from a list is good, better than all the cruet sets or pillow cases/towels/tablecloths that we got.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Yes, I agree Meg.
Most couples live together for quite some time before they marry now.
I don't think it is a bad thing, though I think the children should come later, after the wedding.
I like the idea of vouchers or cash and choosing from a list is good, better than all the cruet sets or pillow cases/towels/tablecloths that we got.
Yea - I think its a great idea too - similar to the Greek weddings idea.....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 03:41 PM

I like to be given a list so that I can buy something they really want but I like to wrap it and put it on a table with all the other gifts. It wouldn't be the same just clicking a link and it's all done for me. Still, it's their day so I suppose we'd have to go along with it. I haven't encountered one of those weddings yet but if I did, I'd probably still buy a little something I could wrap
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Yea - I think its a great idea too - similar to the Greek weddings idea.....
In Spain, they have enormous street parties when couples get married and they pin money to the brides dress! Not sure I'd want pinholes in my posh frock
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-09-2013, 03:42 PM

Ah you're just a romantic softie .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-09-2013, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
In Spain, they have enormous street parties when couples get married and they pin money to the brides dress! Not sure I'd want pinholes in my posh frock
sorry - our posts crossed - I've been to a Greek wedding, her dress was covered in notes !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top