Join for free
Archer
Adelaide, South Australia
Archer is male  Archer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 08:52 PM

National Motor Museum

Some pics of the National Motor Museum here in South Australia...went up there (Birdwood) a few months ago with my Mate.
They have some very interesting stuff there...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5c28jq47jsgk2l2/1RIBgFTCso
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 09:12 PM

Re: National Motor Museum

THanks for that ARCHER. I sense you had a great day out there amongst all those iconic motors.

I live quite near The British collection of Lord Montague of Beaulieu, but it's years since I visited. You've encouraged me to take my grandson Frank.

source WIKI
"Lord Montagu gained an interest in motoring from his father — who had commissioned the original "Spirit of Ecstasy" mascot for his Rolls-Royce — and with his family collection of historic cars this led him to open the National Motor Museum in the grounds of his stately home, Palace House, Beaulieu, Hampshire in 1952."

The old dodderer is still going strong at 87 yrs old.
Archer
Archer is male  Archer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 09:20 PM

Thanks Robert Junior, the place is huge, the pics only show a small part of it...
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 09:28 PM

I 've just watched a tv prog OUTBACK TRUCKERS. Huge trucks with 3 or more trailers.
The teams of 2 drivers drive thousands of kilometres on the west coast to deliver. THe conditions looked horrendous.

Isnt it odd that POMs drive on the left in miles
Yanks drive on the right in miles
Ozzies on the left in Kilometres.......
Frogs on the right in kilometres.
Archer

26-09-2013, 09:32 PM

Seems the Aussies and the Japs have got it right...LOL
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

26-09-2013, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Archer ->
Seems the Aussies and the Japs have got it right...LOL
Right yes.......
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I 've just watched a tv prog OUTBACK TRUCKERS. Huge trucks with 3 or more trailers.
The teams of 2 drivers drive thousands of kilometres on the west coast to deliver. THe conditions looked horrendous.
You mean these things:

That was taken in the NT but road trains are everywhere outback. They have to be broken up before they come into a populated area.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

27-09-2013, 08:37 AM

That be them Bruce. TVM
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
That be them Bruce. TVM
On roads like that getting past them is easy (unless the last trailer is weaving a lot) but on single lane roads they have absolute right of way(not to mention that they are much bigger than you) so if you see one coming you take to the dirt.

That's part of the Gregory Development Road in north central Queensland

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top