Join for free
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 05:54 PM

Happy 70th Max

Did anyone else watch last nights tribute to Max Boyce? I obviously did, and yes I cried. I am sure that we Welsh are the most sentimental race on this earth, everything makes us blub. As for Max, what can I say, his songs have always gone straight to the heart. Duw its Hard, Rhondda Grey, Pithead Baths, all proudly sentimental. But he has always managed to balance the sentimentality with truly funny songs as well, Pontypool Front Row, Doctors Papers, and of course Hymns and Arias.

I have seen him live on stage twice, once actually at Treorchy, and believe it or not I bumped into him at our local Tesco a few years back. We caught each others eye and he gave a little grin when he realised I had spotted him, although others walked right by. He stood and chatted for a good few minutes. Lovely sweet genuine man.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 06:11 PM

Re: Happy 70th Max

No, didn't see it daisy. Bet it was good though, he's a grand performer and so patriotic
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 06:52 PM

Oh I loved Max Boyce, gosh that has sent me back, have a liking for the Welsh, maybe its because my grandfather was a Williams and my Great grand daughter is Welsh.When my children were young we weekended on the Gower coast, beautiful.It must be the Celt in me.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 06:53 PM

Happy Birthday Max.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 11:09 PM

It was more of a tribute to him than a performance by him, although they did show several excerpts from various shows he has featured in. I have spent most of the day, off and on trying to find a video of him singing Asso Asso Jogoshi but seems one does not exist. I used to have all his records until someone "borrowed" them. You know he still has the twinkle, the grin and the mop of curls (white now).

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top