Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 01:09 AM

Count your blessings.

I have no wish to sound smug. Because like most families we have had ups and downs. But I count myself lucky that we, as a family have, by and large managed to rub along together. What about you?
dreamer
tennessee usa
dreamer is female  dreamer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 01:50 AM

Re: Count your blessings.

I have my father who lives in another state and a brother who lives about 12 miles away.Mom passed away. We get together at holiday time. I talk to dad alot on phone. There is love. Neither me or my brother have had kids so no one to carry on family name. I have you folks to annoy especially in the games section. I enjoy it!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 04:54 AM

I consider myself very lucky in that regard. While my children may have their occasional differences, by and large they get on well and are very caring and respectful to us.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 07:27 AM

I responded to a question on 'Yahoo Answers' seven years ago - I'm so glad I did - it has changed my life (for the better) ever since.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 07:40 AM

Care to elaborate UJ ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Care to elaborate UJ ?

I don't need to Alan, several other members of this forum will know exactly what I mean - so for those that don't - there are clues amongst a lot of my contributions on here and amongst the photographs on my profile page.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 08:10 AM

I have never had a family life with Dad working away alot and mum never really wanted to spend time with us and left us in the hands of child carers. We six kids all went to different schools had different friends and often spent holidays with differnt aunts and uncles. So there is no real family feeling there, We never meet up last time was my mums funeral and that was the first time d seen 2 brothers for over 35 years. and my 2 sisters for 15/20 years. I have one brother Im in contact with and we see each other once a year if we can. But to be honest what you hae never had you dont miss , some times Id of liked a nice cosy family life but other times I realise if I wasnt as indepantdant as I was Id never of done half the things I did in life. I left home (ran away) at 15 and never returned. travelled alot and finally met hubby and married at 25 we never had kids through choice and lead a very quiet life devoid of any family from both sides... but it is our choice now as attempts from both familys have been made for contact ... but to us it seems pointless now as we always just be strangers to each other .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 09:51 AM

Nope, I have a crappy family but it wasn't always that way, we used to be a very close-knit family. Not really sure what happened but everyone seems to have become isolated (apart from my granddaughters) so I rarely see any of them.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 11:35 AM

I feel happy too that we get along with our own children. However, My relationship with my parents gradually deteriorated (they died over 20 years ago) and I haven't had any real contact with my brother or sister since then - don't even know where they currently live. We didn't fall out, but had nothing in common.

I have difficulty relating to families who live a few streets apart and are in and out of each others houses. I love my children dearly, but we all have our own lives to lead.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2013, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I have no wish to sound smug. Because like most families we have had ups and downs. But I count myself lucky that we, as a family have, by and large managed to rub along together. What about you?
You dont sound smug at all - you 'are' lucky' - its a blessing to be sure ......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top