Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 09:48 PM

Island of Dolls.

Dolls always gave me the willies even before I seen this, scary isn't it?
On a dark and creepy island in the canals of Xochimico near Mexico City sits what might be the world’s strangest and scariest tourist attraction ever. However, this sad island was never meant to be a stop on tourists’ holiday itineraries. The Island of the Dolls was dedicated to the lost soul of a poor little girl who met her fate too soon.The Island of the Dolls (Isla de las Munecas) sits in the canals south of Mexico City and is the current home of hundreds of terrifying, mutilated dolls. Their severed limbs, decapitated heads, and blank eyes adorn trees, fences and nearly every available surface. The dolls appear menacing even in the bright light of midday, but in the dark they are particularly haunting.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 09:51 PM

Re: Island of Dolls.

Now that is spooky, Jem I wouldn't like to visit there...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 10:06 PM

I would! Think of the great photos! They should make a horror movie there!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 05:04 AM

There can be something spooky about dolls. I remember staying in a guest house in Southwold, it was furnished and decorated in the Victorian style and, in the large entrance hall, there was a shelf with all these dolls sat on it. It always sent a shiver down my spine when I walked in there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 07:54 AM

Here Chucky, Chucky, here Chucky Chucky!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 08:28 AM

That is really creepy to look at. Why would they choose a load of decaying dolls as a memorial for a young girl?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 11:35 AM

There is a vaguely similar type of thing at the retreat in Callespara, Spain. A room full of children's clothes, broken dolls etc. I believe they were taken to the retreat in the hope that the saint would take care of the children with broken limbs, sickness etc.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 12:50 PM

That - is so bloomin creepy - I wont look at it again !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 01:10 PM

Ventriloquist dummies are another type of doll I hate, especially the little toff with the top hat, dress suit and monocle, I vaguely remember a film where the dummy turns into a murderer, can't think of the name of it though.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ventriloquist dummies are another type of doll I hate, especially the little toff with the top hat, dress suit and monocle, I vaguely remember a film where the dummy turns into a murderer, can't think of the name of it though.

Jim matey, the film was called "Chucky" - hence my previous post: Here Chucky, Chucky, here Chucky Chucky!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top