Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 02:18 PM

Have you ?

updated your iPod and iPads to the new system that came out yesterday.
I love it myself, but there are a few people not liking the operating system at the bottom, that if you are not careful will pop up as you scroll, but you soon get used to it and avoid it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 02:53 PM

Re: Have you ?

My poor old nokia phone only makes phone calls I doubt it could cope LOL and my tablet is android and makes a great e reader and not much else.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 03:30 PM

I bought a smart phone about 18 months ago but I couldn't get on with it. I sold it and bought a simpler Nokia phone which does everything I want it to do.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 08:21 PM

I'm waiting for feedback from a friend to see how she gets on with hers. My iPad is ok to update but my iPhone needs to have more space created, and although most of the photos have been backed up to the computer, I simply can't be bothered to update!

She first of all said she wasn't sure if she liked it. So I shall wait and see.

I read a lot of comments (mostly Tweets from celebs) who complained about having insufficient space to update, and that it took ages. What they probably don't realise is that the best way to do it, without having to compromise on space and deleting precious photos, is to do it via iTunes.

Also Apple did say that everyone was trying to do it at once and the system couldn't cope.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 08:56 AM

I am beginning to use my iPad more than my desktop, I really do like it.
First thing to remember is to make sure your battery is at least 50% charge before attempting the update, it took just 5 minutes to do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 08:59 AM

Our old desk top bit the dust only a few weeks ago, so laptops are how we use the internet.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
updated your iPod and iPads to the new system that came out yesterday.
I love it myself, but there are a few people not liking the operating system at the bottom, that if you are not careful will pop up as you scroll, but you soon get used to it and avoid it.
The old brain box is definitely still working well with you isn't it. Bet most of the people on this forum got no idea what you are on about . I also hear fish is good for the thinking processes; are you partial to it by any chance? Trying to pick up pointers here you know .
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2013, 12:31 PM

We updated our i-phones and my wife's i-pad the other day. I'm not very keen on the new fonts and graphics, but some things seem to work a lot more quickly now.
It's funny how quickly you become reliant on these things. I rarely use my i-phone as a phone, but I get all my news from it and my memory is chock-a-block with books that I read on it.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

25-09-2013, 01:36 PM

I was reading in the paper this morning, that some folks have fell fowl of a APP that some idiot has been offering, download your iPad and iPod with the latest update and put your iPod in a bucket of water to make it waterproof.
Not funny but you have to wonder at the intelligence of some owners?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
The old brain box is definitely still working well with you isn't it. Bet most of the people on this forum got no idea what you are on about . I also hear fish is good for the thinking processes; are you partial to it by any chance? Trying to pick up pointers here you know .
No slur on wrinkly but I think many of our brain boxes are working whether we embrace expensive new technology or not. Not everyone needs it and not everyone can afford it. No refection on anyone's brain box at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top