Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 10:02 AM

Rip Off Britain

Why does this series need three female presenters, when Gloria Hunniford could do a perfectly good job all by herself!

Angela Ripoff over-emphasises nearly every other word, and the other one, whose name is instantly forgettable, is also a poor choice.

I hate the fact that each woman takes turns with their lines.

It needs only one presenter.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 12:34 PM

Re: Rip Off Britain

Yes I agree with you Jazzi, I was just looking at that the other day with the wife and she said the same thing, about taking turns with the lines, makes them look like a female version of The Three Stooges.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 12:43 PM

I agree, but it's just the same with the news, they have one male, one female and one sentence each. Ridiculous....
chris
hebrides.uk
chris is female  chris has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 07:41 PM

I agree. Sounds like a referendum is needed.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 01:22 AM

I agree as well, although I must admit I do enjoy the programme, and Rip Off Food as well, which Gloria hosts alone.
Lifemask
New Member!
Devon
Lifemask is female 

19-09-2013, 10:09 AM

I cannot stand any of these programmes - I think they give a warped view of life in Britain and reinforce Daily Mail-type views.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lifemask ->
I cannot stand any of these programmes - I think they give a warped view of life in Britain and reinforce Daily Mail-type views.
Would you like to expand on this, particularly what you mean by Daily Mail-type views Judith......
Lifemask
New Member!
Devon
Lifemask is female 

19-09-2013, 12:00 PM

They seem very divisive and tend to reinforce views about all people on benefits being work-shy and scroungers. I also do not like the term rip-off or the 3 overly made up middle class women who present it!!!!! There, I've revealed all my prejudices in one go!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2013, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Why does this series need three female presenters, when Gloria Hunniford could do a perfectly good job all by herself!

Angela Ripoff over-emphasises nearly every other word, and the other one, whose name is instantly forgettable, is also a poor choice.

I hate the fact that each woman takes turns with their lines.

It needs only one presenter.
Janet I find the format of the programme very irritating and don't actually watch it.
What makes it even more irritating for me is I have usually heard the issues covered been discussed on the radio by more competent presenters.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top