Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 09:44 AM

Jeremy Clarkson MP?

Jeremy Clarkson has tweeted that he may stand as an MP in Doncaster and has asked for people's thoughts.

I remember when he said he could do a better job than Gordon Brown and an online petition was set up - on the Government webiste! - and he recieved thousands of votes so, if he is being serious, should Milliband be concerned?

A fair few people are mocking the idea but I remember the same being said about Boris Johnson and it seems Boris is doing a fairly good job.

Would British politics benefit from more politicians like Boris and Clarkson - who will speak their mind?

Would Clarkson be more in touch with what 'real' people need doing in Britain?

If Clarkson stood in your constituency, would you vote for him?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 10:20 AM

Re: Jeremy Clarkson MP?

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->

If Clarkson stood in your constituency, would you vote for him?

No. Can't stand the man.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 10:21 AM

I know it doesn't concern me over here, but personally I can't stand the man, something about him I can't put my finger on, a strange kind of smugness in him I think, wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 10:47 AM

JC = MP ........ Oh God NO !!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 10:52 AM

I have to say that I'm in agreement with you all but it would seem he has quite a following! Just not sure if he would do a good job or not.

There is something very unlikeable about him. He has a house over here and I've seen him a couple of times at the airport and when he stands up, he actually looks around to see if anyone is looking at him (that makes me chuckle); nobody does, the Island is used to seeing 'celebs' so they tend to pay little attention but it does go to show that he wants to be recognised and acknowledged!
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

17-09-2013, 10:55 AM

Well i live i Australia and i love "Top Gear" on TV,but whatever you do Jeremy,dont give up your day job brother! Dont give up your day job,running an economy as big as Britains is not the same as being on TV and test driving cars? Dont give up your day job mate!

Billy
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2013, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
Well i live i Australia and i love "Top Gear" on TV,but whatever you do Jeremy,dont give up your day job brother! Dont give up your day job,running an economy as big as Britains is not the same as being on TV and test driving cars? Dont give up your day job mate!

Billy
I think this all comes from an e-petition on the government website where people signed a petition saying that Jeremy Clarkson would make a better Prime Minister than Gordon Brown - hundreds of thousands of people signed it (apparently, I never saw it) so maybe now he's tinkering with the idea!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 11:47 AM

The man is a big mouthed buffoon, so should fit into the world of politics really nicely..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
The man is a big mouthed buffoon, so should fit into the world of politics really nicely..
I agree Barry, come to think of it he's tailor made for the job.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I agree Barry, come to think of it he's tailor made for the job.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top