Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 05:29 PM

Motorways

Just got home from visiting the south coast. Had to join the M5 & M6 for the latter stages of the journey.

What a nightmare they are!!! Middle lane hoggers - I like to travel in the middle lane but at a faster speed that the one on the left. There is always a hogger who sits there regardless of speed and the vehicles trying to get past, but then you get some idiot from behind who overtakes from the left lane, right in front of you!!

Why can't trucks stick to one lane and not have to pull out just to overtake another one? What's the point of that?

A real nightmare trying to get through Birmingham when all the lanes are full of traffic inching their way through. AND why do I ALWAYS chose the slowest lane behind some truck?

Of course there had been an accident further along the M6 so the traffic came to a stop. Fortunately was able to get off at an earlier junction and riddle through some Cheshire lanes before reaching home.

So glad to be home.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 06:23 PM

Re: Motorways

I always like to moan about lorry drivers who tailgate me. I stay in the slow lane, doing a steady 50-55. I'm in no hurry. If the weather is bad, like it was today and last Monday, then I stay around 50. Lorries then speed up, get close behind, even though they can easily overtake, stick on my tail for awhile, then move over. If they're trying to intimidate me, well, I stopped feeling like that some time ago.

I see there are still middle lane hoggers. And the idiots who go haring down the fast lane, OVER the limit. Why? Because they can afford the penalty, or they don't pay it?

I sometimes hate driving, but know I have to do it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 06:25 PM

It is a nightmare CC - I avoid them .....
Used to be a pleasure to take to the road, those days are gone sadly ....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 06:34 PM

I have never enjoyed driving. It can be very stressful at times, particularly in strange towns or cities or at complex junctions. Roll on the day when cars drive themselves.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 06:37 PM

It probably will happen Alan ..... Could you trust it tho .....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
It is a nightmare CC - I avoid them .....
Used to be a pleasure to take to the road, those days are gone sadly ....
You're absolutely right. There are now too many vehicles and everyone wanting to get there quickly, no matter what. I was reminded of the 100+ pile up in Kent recently: it was hardly surprising, seeing the performance of the drivers I came across this week.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 07:31 PM

There are no 'slow lanes' or 'fast lanes' on motorways.

The speed limit applies to all lanes.

There are driving lanes and overtaking lanes.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-09-2013, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
You're absolutely right. There are now too many vehicles and everyone wanting to get there quickly, no matter what. I was reminded of the 100+ pile up in Kent recently: it was hardly surprising, seeing the performance of the drivers I came across this week.
I know - 130 vehicles, and some of them were so crushed, couldn't believe 'anyone' survived - but they did. But, in fog, you hardly need warning signals to be careful - do you ....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 07:53 PM

We have the M25 and M40 to look forward to tomorrow, dread is more the word for it though. Destination better be worth it ! And to think I used to love travelling so much the journey was better than the holiday
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

13-09-2013, 08:04 PM

You going on holiday, Julie? If so, have a fab time! Yes, travelling used to be fun.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top