Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 11:00 PM

Bran

Forget to tell you folks this - the other day I was in Tesco's and asked a girl working there if they sold Bran.
She replied "Bran, what's bran, never 'eard of it".
I couldn't believe it!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 11:24 PM

Re: Bran

Glad it wasn't me who served you!!

I had a similar experience is our Waitrose last year. I was looking for oatmeal because I fancied making some parkin.
They obviously didn't know what it was and took me to the cereal aisle and pointed at the Bran. Tried to explain what it was but was met with a blank face. I never did get to make my parkin. Might try again this year but won't be going to Waitrose for it.
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Forget to tell you folks this - the other day I was in Tesco's and asked a girl working there if they sold Bran.
I couldn't believe it!
What sort of bran were you after ???

Bran is present in and may be milled from any cereal grain, including rice, corn (maize), wheat, oats, barley and millet.

It is a shame that so many of the younger sales people do not bother to find out a bit more about the product they are selling.

Of course one has to also remember that usage bran tends to be age specific - the younger people do not need it so do not use it.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 08:17 AM

Quiet often when buying fruit or veg from tesco's they will ask me is this a fruit or veg so they can choose the right list to hunt for it and it can be simple things like a melon or mango , once I had 4 kiwi in a bag she didnt say any thing just put them through as I was picking up my bags to go I heard her say to her mate ...I never understand why some one would buy just 4 potatoes ...wots the point ... sure enough when I checked my till roll at home she had put them through as potatoes !!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I heard her say to her mate ...I never understand why some one would buy just 4 potatoes ...wots the point ... sure enough when I checked my till roll at home she had put them through as potatoes !!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=Abby;341641]What sort of bran were you after ???

Bran is present in and may be milled from any cereal grain, including rice, corn (maize), wheat, oats, barley and millet.

QUOTE]

Yes, I do know that Abby, I usually buy organic oat bran from the health shop, for one of my dogs, because of a problem she is prone to, but this daft girl said she didn't even know what bran was, let alone different types. I think had I started listing the different grains it would have completely 'done her head in'
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 12:18 PM

Ask MKJ all about the time he ate too much bran!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I couldn't believe it!
That makes me think of the time I called a waitress over and told her the butter she had served with my scone was rancid.
she looked at me blankly and said she had never heard of rancid before. I suggested she tasted the butter and she would know what it was in future

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Hush Twiz we need no reminders thank you
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-09-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->

Ooh, no, I'd rather not, thanks all the same.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 07:31 PM

I eat a cereal called Fiber ONE... It's got 14 grams of dietary fiber per 1/2 cup serving. One has to be very careful when starting out with it.. it will either kill you or you will float away through the air. I still only eat 1/2 cup every morning.. I mix it in my Greek yogurt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top