Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:10 PM

What job would you LIKE to do?

We've had the thread on the most horrible jobs. But now, what would you like to have done, given the opportunity or time?

I'd love to be an author, but that is entirely up to me to get down and write the damned book!

I'd also like to have had a job with dogs, but as I don't like cold and wet weather, that's not likely to happen.

I learned to fly some years ago and just love anything to do with aviation, so maybe I should have taken up a career in that. Not glamorous enough to be a trolley dolley (doors to manual, whatever that means ), but maybe a job in an airport, would have been nice? Just to be around planes.

Coming back down to earth, I would also like to do a bit of proof reading, or re-typing people's work that needs correction.

And though I don't crave attention, I wouldn't mind being a TV extra, but unfortunately I only have a face for radio.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:27 PM

Re: What job would you LIKE to do?

EASY PEASEY, a job in a cinema or theatre as an usherette has always appealed to me. I don’t know whether it’s the excitement of being at such a vibrant venue, or the chance to see turns free. It’s the roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowds. That bright spotlight on me in my crisp uniform. The power I have over the long line of punters.

“Just a minute, stop shoving !
I’ve only got one pair of hands”

Only a dream now of course, I missed my chance back in 1964 I could have been a marvellous usherette, I would stop the philistines from rushing out before the QUEEN was played, not like today, it is‘nt even played. tsk.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
EASY PEASEY, a job in a cinema or theatre as an usherette has always appealed to me. I don’t know whether it’s the excitement of being at such a vibrant venue, or the chance to see turns free. It’s the roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowds. That bright spotlight on me in my crisp uniform. The power I have over the long line of punters.

“Just a minute, stop shoving !
I’ve only got one pair of hands”

Only a dream now of course, I missed my chance back in 1964 I could have been a marvellous usherette, I would stop the philistines from rushing out before the QUEEN was played, not like today, it is‘nt even played. tsk.
Yes, one to add to my list!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:33 PM

If I hadn't chosen the medical profession I would have gone for a career in forensic science.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:46 PM

A Quantity Surveyor.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 11:11 PM

Maybe work in a zoo, or otherwise learn professional horticulture.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
If I hadn't chosen the medical profession I would have gone for a career in forensic science.
Yes, me too. I'm too old now and I was never smart enough in my earlier years to go to University, but I'd be able to make the grades now but, like I said, too old.

I have a serious interest in forensic pathology, forensic anthropology and criminal psychology but, as much as I admire them immensely, I could never have become a nurse.
lowfiron
Ojai, CA, USA
lowfiron is male  lowfiron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 12:02 AM

I'm doing it now.
As a fantasy, first mate on a coastal schooner off CA before they converted to steam.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 12:02 AM

A gigolo . Might still be time .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
A gigolo . Might still be time .
Randy old wotsit.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top