Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 01:12 PM

Quickest rejection so far

Here is a copy of a e mail I received today ..it is a reply for a job I applied for .....Take note of the time I received it ...I applied for the Job as from the description i am more than capable of doing what they want .......I sent my application at 09;25 am ...that gave them I hr 10 minutes to read, scrutinise ,confer, and compose and send the reply ....If i was to rush my jobs like that ...just think what was the trigger ...yup probably age again ....They did ask for GCSE grades which was not in existence when I was at school we had CSE a big age give away ....

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 01:49 PM

Re: Quickest rejection so far

Only positive is at least they let you know, I am finding I am applying for 3-4 jobs a week and lucky to hear back from 1-2 a month. So rude !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 01:49 PM

I can only assume they have so many - they rush through them, boy - can they be choosy !
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 01:52 PM

My OH lived through this for 2 years. It's illegal for employers to ask your age.. BUT they can ask the year on graduated from school. A quick bit of math and they know what they want to know. I'm sorry you are going through this.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 01:53 PM

It must be demoralising for you, but at least they haven't kept you waiting with false hope.
Have you heard anything about the van job you applied for?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Steve you take the prize for the hardest trier
Stay positive, I know it must be difficult...
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 03:21 PM

I have heard nothing about the van job probably wont now ..
dreamer
tennessee usa
dreamer is female  dreamer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 02:16 AM

I didn't realize you all were going through hard times finding work like over here in the states. How naive of me. Oh well, I clean houses to survive. And play word games on this forum for brain training.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 08:18 PM

What immediately struck me was how unprofessional that reply was...

I could easily have written it better, for example:

Dear Mr. X

Thank you for your interest regarding the Centre Assistant position at Pirtek Ipswitch. We have reviewed your application received 3rd inst, however it is with regret that you have not been successful on this occasion.

Yours sincerely

Mr -------

I think the lack of professionalism in the return email says it all about employers these days!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top