Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:07 AM

Should I or should'nt I

Several weeks ago we had a meal at pub restaurant....It was abysmal..cold gravy with a skin of grease wrong vegetables , my D.I.L's well done steak was bloody My granddaughter was forgotten and had to be re-ordered..1/2 the desserts arrived 10 minutes after the first lot ...we saw other customers leave 1/2 eaten meals ...we saw 1 group actually walk over to a trolley get the cleaning gear and clean their table which they had reserved.....Well i obviously complained and after 3 weeks of e mails and finally posting on their face book page i got a result ,,,a apology and a £70 voucher ....we were hoping it would be a open voucher we could donate to our charity draw ...but it is in form of a letter to ensure WE use it....SO do I have another meal or spend it on a cheese sandwich and beer???
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:09 AM

Re: Should I or should'nt I

No way would I have another meal there !!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:11 AM

I wouldn't touch that place again with a 10' barge pole and say so on their web page!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:12 AM

I think unless you know it is always like that, I would give them another chance, sometimes establishments have off days as we all do. So give them another chance to put things right. Obviously if they don't do well the second time a really bad review is what they deserve.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think unless you know it is always like that, I would give them another chance, sometimes establishments have off days as we all do. So give them another chance to put things right. Obviously if they don't do well the second time a really bad review is what they deserve.
I agree! and if it comes out again like that , name and shame them.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Quite right Julie, I've been to restaurants where I have had a great meal. I have recommended them to friends and they have had a bad experience.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 01:24 PM

Just go for it - use the vouchers and if it's rubbish again make it known to everybody
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I agree! and if it comes out again like that , name and shame them.

Arthur matey, why waste good money a second time??? Whilst over in Belfast recently, Jean took me to an Italian restaurant. We ordered a starter and waited and waited for it to arrive - they brought us the main meal before the starter, and had to take them back. The starter (garlic bread) was so crisp I could've broken their tiles had I thrown it on the floor and sent it back!!! - they gave us another glass of complimentary wine. Then the main meal arrived. Jean's meal was fine and she ate it all, mine was similar to the starter and was inedible. Yet again I sent it back and refused their offer of an alternative. The restaurant then cancelled my bill entirely and when Jean had finished her meal we walked out. That is one restaurant that will NOT be receiving my custom ever again!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 01:35 PM

The thing is - Steve has a voucher, so assume the meal will be free .....
For me personally, I would not go back - fussy mare, I am .... ....comes from working in restaurants I guess ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 01:38 PM

I just like to give people a second chance as I said we can all have off days.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top