Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 12:22 AM

Idiots

What sort of idiots do you come across? I'm sure we all come across lots of them but, to make a start -

Tonight coming home from work I was indicating to turn right into a street but, bang smack in the middle of the road was a stupid young woman with a buggy and one of those child creatures in it bawling its head off.

I couldn't turn into the street otherwise I'd have knocked her and the kid flying and, on reflection, I should have got close enough to scare her then stop, but I didn't. My window was open and I shouted "get across the road you stupid girl," and she scuttled across I'm not a lover of kids, but I thought more about that child than she obviously did! Sheeesh! Idiot!

In the same vein, those women who stand at the edge of the pavement with the pram IN the road!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 12:27 AM

Re: Idiots

Tomorrows another day eh Mollie............
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 01:19 AM

People just don't think ..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
People just don't think ..
Wish they would ........
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 07:07 AM

Bit strong Mollie, haven't we all been one of those "child creatures" at one time or another, or have we.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 07:24 AM

Met a special sort of idiot yesterday, was crossing the road on a zebra crossing cars had all stopped both sides of the road when the special idiot decided on a bike he didn't even need to slow down. Completely wiped the lady in front of me off her feet. She hit the deck really hard, ambulance had to be called and she was stretched off with a dislocated shoulder and thumb. Ruined her clothes they were torn and filthy.

Special idiot ? all he was worried about was his bike. I like to think when the ambulance driver "accidentally" ran over it as he left it wasn't quite an accident
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 08:16 AM

I wish I could say I've never seen anything like that Mollie but I have, many times.

It still irritates me when people show no intelligence at all. Makes me wonder whether they are pretending or are actually just completely stupid.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 08:20 AM

I encounter idiots all the time - I think it comes from living on a very small island

Latest incident: I was coming through a one way street onto the road and oncoming traffic (3 of them) all cut in front of me so that they could turn right and the last one actually waved a thank you! My window was also open and I did ask them if I was bl**dy invisible; just as well I wasn't as pigheaded as those three men or we would have crashed.

Way too many idiots.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
child creatures in it bawling its head off.
I know what you mean Mollie - evolution gone wrong. Adult creatures giving birth to child creatures, who then grow up to be teenage creatures then adult creatures to eventually give birth to more child creatures. A whole new sub species has developed and we are being overun with them . Hey and many have dogs too .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:53 AM

Mollie said
"Tonight coming home from work I was indicating to turn right into a street but, bang smack in the middle of the road was a stupid young woman with a buggy and one of those child creatures in it bawling its head off".

I am sorry Mollie and I don't wish to offend, but I think it was you who should have waited until she had cleared the road. You were turning right into another road and for that reason I believe the highway code says that you should have given way and not turned right into the road until the road was clear. Even if there is no pedestrian crossing, I understand that pedestrians have right of way in these circumstances. At least that's how I remember the rules when I was learning to drive. Was she actually stationary in the middle of the road and not intending to cross - and if so how long had she been standing there. Perhaps she was just slow in crossing over.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top