Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2009, 06:38 PM

Only Fools

The best of British comedy W.A.D.

Chatting up the birds at the flip-top bar. good ole' trig never gets phased.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2009, 06:55 PM

Re: Only Fools

They were good weren't they, one of my favourite episodes was with the blow up dolls, that one was so funny when one inflated in the back of the van.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2009, 11:35 PM

I love "Only Fools ...." Trouble is I've watched them so much I know what's coming next and the words

My favourite one is "A Royal Flush" when Rodney meets the posh girl selling her drawings at the market and they go too the opera together to see "Carmen" (well Carmen's a hairdryer isn't it. LOL)
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2009, 04:38 PM

I can stil sit though any of the old episodes , and they will make me laugh!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2009, 09:41 PM

Absolute classic Denis and one of my all time favorite shows. I love all of them (except the one where Raquel had her baby, personally I thought that was a biy OTT) but everything else is so well done. David Jason is a perfectionist I'm sure and John Sullivan is a brilliant writer.

I still think the chandelier episode is about the best, or maybe 'To Hull and Back'
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2009, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I still think the chandelier episode is about the best, or maybe 'To Hull and Back'
Here you go Harvey.

Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2009, 05:36 PM

Oh thanks Denis no matter how many times I see that I just can't help laughing

Did you know John Sullivan wrote that episode based on a real life incident in the 1930's when his Dad worked for a firm who were employed by some aristocrat to re-furbish a chandelier. Johns Dad didn't want it used because six workment lost their jobs when it all went wrong and in the 1930's that was no laughing matter.

After the show went out he telephoned his son (As he always did) and there was a long silence, and then he said "Yes, John that was funny, it made me laugh"

There's no greater feeling than when ones Dad tells you that you've done a good job is there
nero
Central Scotland

11-12-2009, 07:51 PM

In Tescos yesterday I got the whole series on DVD for £30, . . that's nearly 30 hours viewing on 7 sets of DVD's, . . all boxed up nicely in a presentation case.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top