Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 06:05 PM

Photobucket problem

I've just spend an hour editing some old photos which had been scanned - removing the unwanted borders. I clicked on "apply" and then ticked to replace the original and saved.

When transferring the pics to my OH's motorbike forum, they reverted back to the unedited versions and look a right mess with the unwanted "borders".

The library pics are the edited ones so where have I gone wrong?

This is what I mean, all the extra unwanted stuff at the top.

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 06:16 PM

Re: Photobucket problem

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
I've just spend an hour editing some old photos which had been scanned - removing the unwanted borders. I clicked on "apply" and then ticked to replace the original and saved.

When transferring the pics to my OH's motorbike forum, they reverted back to the unedited versions and look a right mess with the unwanted "borders".

The library pics are the edited ones so where have I gone wrong?
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 06:53 PM

Very helpful Mark. Thank you.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 06:59 PM

That once happened to me, I did every thing alright, the photos changed to the edited version in photobucket, but when I copied the image code the old photos came up.
I always edit them before I put them in Photobucket now.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I always edit them before I put them in Photobucket now.
Absolutely ~ no point in doing it any other way
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-08-2013, 07:12 PM

That's interesting to know, thank you Jimmy I at least know I'd done everything right, like you did, so its not me.

I usually edit beforehand when scanning but the programme I use to do it - HP Solutions - seems to have disappeared off my laptop. Another gremlin!! Are there any other programmes to scan to apart from the HP one?
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-08-2013, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Absolutely ~ no point in doing it any other way
Thanks Rachel. I'll know that for next time.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 07:14 PM

Photobucket is playing up at the moment, I cropped the photo, and it seemed to save it okay, but it was 900plus pixels wide, so I edited again and re-sized it, then when I replaced the original with it, it came out with a border on top.
Jimmy
Lancashire

17-08-2013, 07:16 PM

Photobucket is not working properly, I have edited a photo, and the unedited one is coming on the forum.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 07:21 PM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top