Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 03:45 PM

Worst Job Ever !

Thought mining was bad enough, what I saw last night on a docu - is on a par with that !
A recycling depot - the problem was the recycled stuff had not been previously sorted, so it was mixed in with all sorts of rotting garbage. A line of men at a conveyor belt, have to sift through this lot picking out bits of paper and plastic, made you retch to look at it. These men have no air conditioning or - windows to open - the place reeks.
The 'undercover boss' once he tried this work out for himself was shocked at what the workers had to put up with. He's 'now' going to rectify the situation - unbelievable viewing .......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 03:53 PM

Re: Worst Job Ever !

I suppose it's a good job some people can do that sort of work else where would we be - but not for me.
I was watching that programme about all these silly women who get themselves chopped about to try and put off looking older. Don't know how they can do it. Whatever they have done to their faces and bodies, their internal organs are still old!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I suppose it's a good job some people can do that sort of work else where would we be - but not for me.
I was watching that programme about all these silly women who get themselves chopped about to try and put off looking older. Don't know how they can do it. Whatever they have done to their faces and bodies, their internal organs are still old!
So true ! Bet they haven't thought of that
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 04:06 PM

Doesn't sound very nice but bet it was better than a toilet I had to clean a few years ago where it looked like someone had sprayed sh1t up to the level of about 6 feet on all 3 walls and back of the door, all over the floor and couldn't see the toilet for it. That in a windowless tiny room nearly finished me off.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 04:09 PM

I'm afraid I'd have got the sack Julie, because I'd have had to refuse to do that if it was that bad.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 04:13 PM

There used to be a programme on tele, back in the 70s where in the finale, folks would watch bits of tat go past on a conveyor belt, it was called "The Generation Game".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 04:13 PM

I'm afraid I'd have got the sack Julie, because I'd have had to refuse to do that if it was that bad.
Like the play on words.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-08-2013, 04:14 PM

What's that got to do with disgusting toilets? Have I missed something?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2013, 04:17 PM

You wouldn't have enjoyed the dead pigeons incident either I guess - or the flat where the occupant had died 16 weeks before and laid in the bed unfound. Flies were the worst there.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-08-2013, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You wouldn't have enjoyed the dead pigeons incident either I guess - or the flat where the occupant had died 16 weeks before and laid in the bed unfound. Flies were the worst there.
I hope you were well rewarded for your stinky job Julie, you're a brave girl.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top