Join for free
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 03:05 PM

Anyone got any ideas?

My pal is organising a 10th anniversary party for her Parkinsons group who meet monthly. As it's a special meeting she wants it to have a real wow factor. She's ordeed a cake and balloons and a guest speaker but really would like perhaps a celebrity or a surprise "happening" to make it memorable. Has anyone got any suggestions? She's asked a reporter from their local paper, so she's under some pressure!

Thanks for any original ideas - not sure what her budget is either, sorry.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 03:39 PM

Re: Anyone got any ideas?

Difficult Carole if we haven't any idea od budget, but I would suggest googling the Parkinson's society to see if they have a celebrity who supports them.
Local politicians might jump at the chance to get some publicity for themselves, as well as the Parkinson's society.
Don't forget to involve the press for as much publicty you can
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 04:44 PM

Re: Anyone got any ideas?

I'm not sure a politician is the sort of surprise she would want! Not unless she gets in a stock of rotten tomatoes beforehand, but thanks for the suggestion. Someone's given me a link to celebrity supporters of Parkinsons Disease, so I'll ask her to contact them and see if she can find someone well known to pop in. As I mentioned, she's already invited a reporter from her local paper. Keep the ideas coming, it doesn't have to be a celebrity but it's hard to think of another sort of surprise.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top