Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Daisydee
New Member!
Essex, UK
Daisydee is female 

10-08-2013, 05:47 PM

Daisydee

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Hello everyone.:-I am a new girl on the block and a slow learner so here goes.
My husband has Alzheimer's so I feel a bit of a social outcast now adays. I thought joining this forum would help keep my brain cells functioning as I don't see many people. There is no need to feel frightened about Alzheimer's as at the moment things are quiet. (sleeps a lot ) Family and friends are supportive but are too busy to visit most of the time. I am always on the go mind, but it takes time to keep up with everything. I am sure some of you will know what I am talking about.
I have lots of interests, or I did, but I am occupied with household activities now which is a pain. I have a weeks respite coming up end of this month and apart from a couple of things I have arranged, I don't know what else to do. I live near a river so I will go for walks with my dog, but he is 13 now and doesn't want the exercise! I don't want to waste a minute although I could sleep for England.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 05:53 PM

Re: Daisydee

Hello Dee welcome, I look forward to chatting with you.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 06:00 PM

welcome there is always plenty to keep the grey cells active here
looking forward to chatting
Have a day just for you ... if your a reader visit the biggest book shop and spend a few hours looking at all the new books . or book a day in a spa or a good walk around the garden centre if your a gardener
enjoy your time off
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 06:13 PM

Hi Dee, plenty of us like walking and gardening on here. Would you like some home grown tomatoes ?
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 06:17 PM

Hi Daisydee sorry to hear about your hubby but welcome to the forum, sure you'll find plenty to suit you, hope you enjoy joining in and posting plenty on pets, humour and all sorts of things. Have a good time during your respite week.

Hey your in there Daisydee Alan's never offered me any home grown tomatoes.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 06:32 PM

Hi Dee, welcome to the forum
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 06:39 PM

Hi Daisy (love that name) welcome from Pats ......

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 06:41 PM

Welcome Dee, sorry to hear of your situation, so I hope we can help to provide some of the stimulation that you are seeking...
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 08:10 PM

Hello and welcome from me too.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 11:22 PM

Welcome from me as well lass.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top