Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 08:08 PM

Turned down YET again

Just to let you know , the interview I went to on Monday was a waste of time yup rejected yet again ....I think the rejection letter was in the post from the moment they saw me .....
Also i applied for a labouring and a cleaning jobs part time, I didn't hear from either of them them so I phoned them why. I and was told I was the wrong nationality , the wrong sex , to old , and over experienced.....who said there is no discrimination in the job market cos i am bloody sure there is ..if there wasn't surely i would have a job of some description by now !!!!!..
PS i didn't really phone up i am just making a point ....
and i am now getting just a little bit pee'd off
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 08:21 PM

Re: Turned down YET again

Not surprising, so sorry UK.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 08:59 PM

Oh I am so sorry Martin, I know how demoralising this is too.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 09:10 PM

Don't know what to say to you really. Just try not to take it to heart. You are trying is the main thing. Hopefully you will strike lucky very soon. Best of luck to you .
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 09:11 PM

Sorry Steve mate bad luck, but don't give up.
Can I ask what is your forte, are you getting turned down for jobs that are really not your cup of tea, one you think you can do and apply because you need the money.
My son was turned down for a few jobs because they thought he would pack up as soon as he could find one better, so he really researched the post and sought professional help at putting a good presentation together, and it finally worked.
Try it could work for you!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 09:24 PM

So sorry Steve, no-one can say you don't try hard. Still got everything crossed for you (getting cramp)
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Sorry Steve mate bad luck, but don't give up.
Can I ask what is your forte, are you getting turned down for jobs that are really not your cup of tea, !
My Forte is a service engineer.....unfortunately when i started it was all done on aptitude , attitude and determination ,,,i done it that way for 25+ years...now it is done by health and safety ... exam passes mental agility and a IQ the same as Einstein....its a load of B/S if i am shown how to do something I can do it ...I dont need a degree in maths to be mend a fuse .....all i need is a screwdriver ..!!!!!!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 05:22 AM

It's difficult in today's world. So sorry for you.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
My Forte is a service engineer.....unfortunately when i started it was all done on aptitude , attitude and determination ,,,i done it that way for 25+ years...now it is done by health and safety ... exam passes mental agility and a IQ the same as Einstein....its a load of B/S if i am shown how to do something I can do it ...I dont need a degree in maths to be mend a fuse .....all i need is a screwdriver ..!!!!!!!
Really disappointed for you .....
Daisydee
New Member!
Essex, UK
Daisydee is female 

10-08-2013, 07:21 AM

It is frustrating, but don't let the system change you. Try changing your attitude at interview and show them who you are! You will get the right job soon. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top