Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 05:43 AM

Happy Friday Folk.

Mandarin Duck. My turn to prepare lunch today..........chicken (not duck) Korma with rice.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 06:17 AM

Re: Happy Friday Folk.

Good morning ....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 07:23 AM

Morning everyone, great picture Alan, all the Mandarins have disappeared in recent years from Vicar Water, used to be two or three pairs at one time...

Just off to Tesco to get something for the weekend.... no, not that, some food I meant...

A walk with the dogs later and then we are visiting friends for coffee and a chat this afternoon.

Have a great day peeps..

Barry
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 08:11 AM

G'morning people!

It's another dull one here in Scotland so I'm going to nip out for the newspapers and get right back inside again!!

The whole house could to with vacuuming, so I think I'll go and do that.

See you later folks.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 08:23 AM

Good morning from me too.

Damp start here so not sure what to do later. If it brightens up might pop down to the allotment and do a bit more weeding, see how many hundreds of courgettes/marrows I have now. Can't get rid of the blighters fast enough. My fault for sewing 5 seeds. Got 5 very healthy plants and far too much of the veg!

Have a good day folks.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 08:24 AM

Sorry forgot to say: beautiful photo of the duck!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 08:30 AM

Hi Jazzi, I've only got 2 courgette plants and I'm giving them away left, right and centre. The trouble is that if you leave them a couple of days they're no longer courgettes they become marrows !!!
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 08:34 AM

Good Morning all, we are catching a passing shower of rain just at the moment, hopefully it will brighten up later.

Nice cheerful photo, lovely colours.

Jazzi, if you have too many marrows, is there a food bank near you? could donate some there. just an idea
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

09-08-2013, 08:47 AM

That's what I mean Alan...courgettes AND marrows!!

We do have food banks I think, but not sure they'd take fresh food. One is opening up nearby but only on Saturdays and he wants tinned food.

Tried neighbours, but they've stopped answering the door to me! If I'm working on the plot I'll catch a passer by and ask them. That has been successful, sometimes, particularly amongst the new people who haven't grown anything yet.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 08:55 AM

buenas dias all. Another HOT day here. My computer man will be here in a little while, just a few not really important niggles to sort out, a bit of a tidy up really. Later collect my friend and go for our usual Friday wander and catch up. Lovely photo of the Mandarin, they are such beautiful ducks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top