Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 07:40 PM

Booked my cutprice caravan holiday for next month

I've been wanting to go away next month for my birthday as all my life I've celebrated it one way or another with Mum (or with Dad). Now Mum's gone, and as last year's birthday was one never to forget ( ), I had decided to book a little break for that week.

For years members of my family have used the vouchers given in newspapers that allow you to book something for a ridiculous sum of money, so recently I started to save the ones in my paper. I have now gone ahead and booked for the site in St Osyth where ironically Mum and Dad had their caravan some years ago! Works out at just over £26 a night. Bargain. I should do this more often.

It's usually laziness that stops me collecting the vouchers but my family keep doing it.

I intend spending my birthday doing something nice, with Mum with me in spirit (even after Dad went we spent many holidays in Clacton, or nearby).

Will be my 4th caravan break this year. Wonder if I'll chuck in a 5th sometime?!! Who needs abroad, eh?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 07:46 PM

Re: Booked my cutprice caravan holiday for next month

I've been on several of those Sun holidays, they're really good. Can't go any more though, not up to driving long distances. Best one was North Wales, we could see Snowdon from our cabin. Hope you have a nice time!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 07:56 PM

Thanks!

I'd been looking for holidays in Dorset but didn't fancy the drive down. Still missing Mum and grieving for her, and don't know what I'm doing with myself each day. Hopefully by next year I may be ready to move on and find that confidence. (That's why this year I'm doing short, frequent trips.)

It's only a few weeks now till the anniversary of her collapsing into that coma (Sep 12). It is the same week as my birthday so two anniversaries in one go. *gulp*
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 08:14 PM

Have a lovely time, think of some happy memories, it takes a while but it does get easier, I still have "moments" and my parents died in 1996. Don't feel bad about letting yourself grieve. You have to feel sad sometimes to appreciate being happy, and never feel guilty about being happy! XX
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

06-08-2013, 08:36 PM

Thanks. xx
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 09:07 PM

The wife and I own a caravan in Edinburgh and love it.

I haven't been abroad for years (and even then it was for work, not pleasure) and far prefer to stay within the Scottish borders!!
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 09:42 PM

Hope you have a lovely time Jazzi and that the weather is good for you too. I still miss my Mum too and she died in 1991 so know how you feel.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

06-08-2013, 10:25 PM

Thanks Stella. It's still very recent with mum. Such a lot has happened since she died in October...keep wanting to pick up the phone and tell her!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 09:22 AM

Have a lovely time Jazzi I hope the weather is kind to you...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

07-08-2013, 09:23 AM

Thanks. Not til next month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top