Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Lawyer Files Lawsuit Against Pontius Pilate

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in fun stuff - I'll leave it to the Mods to decide

I have just read this and I am amazed that someone with enough intelligence to become a lawyer could think this is a rational thing to do. Your thoughts on it would be very welcome

'Kenyan lawyer Dola Indidis argues that the trial was unlawful and is demanding that Israel and Italy be held responsible, The Christian Post reports.

Mr Indidis, a Roman Catholic, and former spokesperson for the Kenyan Judiciary, filed the lawsuit regarding Jesus' death with the International Court of Justice, the primary judicial branch of the United Nations based at The Hague in the Netherlands.

He filed the lawsuit against Pontius Pilate, several Jewish elders, King Herod, Tiberius (Emperor of Rome 42 BC-37AD), the Republic of Italy and the State of Israel.

"I filed the case because it's my duty to uphold the dignity of Jesus and I have gone to the ICJ to seek justice for the man from Nazareth," Indidis told the Nairobian in a recent interview.

"His selective and malicious prosecution violated his human rights through judicial misconduct, abuse of office bias and prejudice."

The International Court of Justice has reportedly created a preliminary panel to consider Indidis' case, but there is a small problem.

"The ICJ has no jurisdiction for such a case," an ICJ spokesperson told website Legal Cheek.

"The ICJ settles disputes between states. It is not even theoretically possible for us to consider this case."

Mr Indidis has tried to file this case before.

In 2007, he submitted his case to the Kenyan High Court in Nairobi, but it was rejected for not having enough legal standing, especially since parties Indidis wishes to prosecute have been dead for 2,000 years.
'
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 06:21 PM

Re: Lawyer Files Lawsuit Against Pontius Pilate

Good luck to him........silly s*d.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 07:22 PM

Sounds like something one of our far Right Wackadoos would do here in the States.. Wanna bet when one of 'em gets wind of this they will try the same thing? Heck... it might even be passed as a resolution in Congress and end up before the Supreme Court! lol!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 08:09 PM

What a pillock.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 07:18 AM

Its an interesting concept, but ICJ will of course 'sling it out' since one of the parties to the suit (the state of Israel) didn't exist - it is PALESTINE!!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Good luck to him........silly s*d.
Originally Posted by Janela ->
What a pillock.
Exactly my thoughts

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top