Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 10:26 AM

Tree preservation

There are a row of beautiful old trees near me which I am told have preservation orders on them. Then along come the builders! What is the point in having preservation orders on things if a someone else can just come along and get everything reversed? It'll be very sad to see brick walls and roof tops where the greenery used to be.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 10:28 AM

Re: Tree preservation

If they have a preservation order on them, why are the builders cutting them down?

I love trees and it's one thing I dislike about many city centres - no trees.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
If they have a preservation order on them, why are the builders cutting them down?

I love trees and it's one thing I dislike about many city centres - no trees.
Yes Karen, couldn't agree more.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 10:33 AM

I think I'd be on to the Town Hall to ask for reasons why. I sometimes think that building will go on until it takes a day out somewhere to see a bit of green or nature
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-08-2013, 10:45 AM

Yes, think I might actually do that - good idea.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2013, 10:48 AM

Good luck Mups
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 11:10 AM

An Englishman’s home is his Castle, that is unless of course the council obtain a compulsory purchase order.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-08-2013, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I think I'd be on to the Town Hall to ask for reasons why. I sometimes think that building will go on until it takes a day out somewhere to see a bit of green or nature
Just a quick update. Phoned the local council who granted the planning permission, but was passed on to "the tree person"!! The "tree person" was at lunch and I had to go out this pm so will try again Monday.
Night night.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

03-08-2013, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just a quick update. Phoned the local council who granted the planning permission, but was passed on to "the tree person"!! The "tree person" was at lunch and I had to go out this pm so will try again Monday.
Night night.
Why is the person you need to speak to always at lunch, out of the office or on holiday! Do they not have filing systems anymore?

Good luck for Monday Mups
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

03-08-2013, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
An Englishman’s home is his Castle, that is unless of course the council obtain a compulsory purchase order.
Well I wish they'd compulsorily purchase the house opposite me - it's a positive danger! Two brothers live there and they wanted to build a bungalow in the back garden but knock down the house first (to be fair, it is a big house) but the house has a preservation order on it (but with no-one preserving it) so they can't knock it down. So the two men decide to wait the house out in the hopes it will fall down of its own accord - 35 years on, they're still waiting (the Island does have a few, erm, special people ) but in the meantime, tiles come off the roof and hit cars (fortunately, no people or animals yet), there is a massive structural crack all down the outside wall, trees, yes, trees are growing in the bedrooms and have come through the roof! Yep, definitely need a bit of compulsory purchasing methinks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top