Join for free
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 02:18 PM

OMG Talk about lucky!!

As I have said before, my son works at a well known electrical goods outlet and sometimes there are bargains to be had which are snapped up by staff. And this is one of them. Started with telephone call from sons line manager asking if I had £300 available to spend, and if so to trot along to store.

Curious I did so. There was a £1000 'puter, which was an end of line item that had been sent to them by mistake. Rather than go through the rigmarole of taking it off inventory and arranging for it to be collected and delivered elsewhere it had been decided to sell it. The line manager knew that my son had commandeered the main house pc and furthermore claimed the laptop as his and thus would take it with him when he went to friends to play games. So he, that is the manager, wondered if I would be interested in this 'uber' computer. Not at £1000 though, as it was subject to not one but two discounts, the first reduced it to £600 because it was only one, and then a further £300 because of a half price voucher scheme running currently. So for £300 I now have this monster with would you believe 2000 Gig hard drive!!!!

Gordon Bennett, it blows my mind to think of how big that is. Of course the offspring is a little peeved, but I am sure that before long he will have firkled with the other one and increased the size/speed etc.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 03:11 PM

Re: OMG Talk about lucky!!

Things are getting awfully advanced these days aren't they? I remember back in 1997 I bought brand new a Compaq Armada 4120 which had a whopping 6GB HDD!!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 03:16 PM

Re: OMG Talk about lucky!!

Our first computer, back in '96 was an ex-rental from Radio Rentals and it had a whopping (according to the store anyway) 1 gig drive, which was reduced to .85 Gig once operating systems were taken into consideration lol.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top