Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 05:22 AM

Happy Saturday Folk.

Taken while we were at lake Iseo in Italy. I managed to mow my lawn yesterday and was wet through when I had done. Need to tidy the flower bed around the lawn today.............if it's not too hot.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 06:36 AM

Re: Happy Saturday Folk.

Its hot here already Alan - 3 times as hot for me, with the burning sensations .....
Ah well, wishes for a good day everyone .....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 08:48 AM

Morning Alan, Pats et al....

Very humid here and 22 deg already. Just back from walking the dogs through the forest and enjoying a coffee before a trip to the garden nursery, to try and find another pyracantha to replace a clematis which is not thriving on a south facing wall..

Have a great day folks,

Barry
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 09:11 AM

Good morning all, it is nice here at present, set to rain later and probably for the next week.

Just hoping it stays dry long enough for me to get to Manchester and back, for the afternoon matinee showing of Midnight Tango.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 09:22 AM

Good morning everyone. Going to chuck it down later this afternoon. So will be getting my plant pots near the house and my solar lamps in.
Hope everyone is OK. Was going out this afternoon but decided it might be better to stay near home Hope everyone has a nice day and take care.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 09:56 AM

Good morning all, nice and bright here but we too are due showers later.
Our lawn isn't growing Alan, in fact it looks awful this year, probably 'cos we haven't had the sprinkler going - we are now on a water meter - makes you realise how much water we waste. But our water butts are brimming.
Have a good day everyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 10:38 AM

Good morning fellow members the sun has just come out and I have a grandchild free day so I can relax.
I now have to try to catch up on some housework starting with a ton of ironing

There is the first picking of runner beans to look forward to with roast lamb later so today is looking very good.

Enjoy your day everyone
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 10:39 AM

buenas dias all. As usual very hot here, we are forecast temperature of 40C over this weekend, too hot to do anything much. No doubt A&E at the hospital will be overflowing with adults and children with heatstroke and sunburn. Every year the same, off the plane and onto the beach to lay and fry, poor little kiddies with bright red skin screaming in pain, why do people never learn?

At least all is nice and quiet here as the road workers are not working this weekend. It won´t be long now until they have finished and then the big clean up can begin. No point doing much cleaning right now, the roads are like beaches sand and dust everywhere. Have a lovely day everyone.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 11:25 AM

Good mornin' folks!

I had a nice lie in this morning and awoke to a lovely sunny day and the birds chirping. Unfortunately one of them was my wife telling me that she can't find her car keys

I sent her off in my Mondeo and my task for this morning is to find her keys. They are probably in her handbag, the silly old bat.

I think I'll mow the lawn this afternoon. It isn't particularly needing done but it has been a week since I last did it and I fancy getting out in the nice weather (but not just sitting doing nothing).

I suppose I could go to my daughter's afterwords and mow her lawn as my son-in-law is away on business to Glasgow until Wednesday and it was getting rather overgrown last time I was there. She can't do it in her condition and she was talking about hiring a gardener, but I'm not having her do that when I could as easily mow it.

I can't do a thing though until I've finished this coffee and had several more - it is taking great effort to type this through bleary eyes and in between yawning!!

Even with a good night's sleep I need my caffeine in the morning.

Have a nice day all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2013, 11:30 AM

There are some of us Jim matey, who ate breakfast so many hours ago, even now are just thinking of lunch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top