Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 02:56 AM

potentially gone to ground :(

By our next communication I will me on a liquid diet, sore & miserable as sin

At noon Thursday my wisdom tooth is being extracted

Think nice things and say one for me... Im not amused by dentists and their fluffy sentiments It will hurt.. end of
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 03:38 AM

Re: potentially gone to ground :(

Commiserations, Cassie!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 10:08 AM

It will hurt but it will get better and then it will be all gone - no more trouble

Yola had a wissie out recently and knows the score; maybe you would accept words of fellow-feeling commiseration from her? I'll PM her and point out this thread, as she's not a regular here.

Best wishes for a trouble-free procedure and an uneventful recovery (not a flowery thought in sight; hope that's alright?)
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 10:37 AM

Hi Cassie I do sympathise with you, having had this done twice in the last couple of years. There was actually little pain as the area was well anaesthetised but I would recommend taking someone with you if at all possible because both times I came out of the chair a snivveling, shaking wreck - as the actual sensation of tooth removal is not nice. First time I drove myself home but most recently my OH came with me and told me I was white as a sheet when I came out of the consulting room.

Again, once the numbness wore off it wasn't THAT painful - it could be managed by strong painkillers. Oh, it will bleed for a while too, you'll be given an information sheet on what not to eat/drink/do.

Hopefully if there is no secondary infection you should be fine in a couple of days.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 12:46 PM

Good luck at the dentist, Cassie - I hope it all goes well for you.

When I had my wisdom teeth out years ago, I found that regular mouthwashes and paracetemol helped with the after-soreness.
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 12:48 PM

But no mouthwash too soon after the extraction. Hope you're not stressing too much Cassie . . .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 12:51 PM

Sorry, I should have explained that the mouth washes years ago were warm salt water not the manufactured ones of today.
Yola

19-11-2009, 01:01 PM

Yes, warm salt water helped a lot actually. Sorry, Mags I thought you meant the listerine variety.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 03:19 PM

Thanks all Not allowed to rinse it our till tomorrow. Still numb so have taken painkillers in preparation!
Went ok but its all so damn ridiculous these days. Had to wear flipping goggles & a chest protector because they're using sharp instruments I did mention if he sat still and kept very calm he'd probably manage to recognise the difference between my mouth and my eyeball Honestly I get soooo angry and things like this and it just reminded me of my childhood dentist who was usually pie eyed and smelt of booze but was lovely and never hurt me or missed my mouth I dislike this odd bedside manner these ultra modern places have, it was so Brucie "Didn't she do well" I just wanted them to get on with it and to escape.
But anyway its done and thank you all for the nice messages xx
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 03:31 PM

Well it's done now, so fingers crossed for a trouble-free recovery.

My husband had an extraction recently (an old crown which couldn't be replaced; Options were, implant £2000, crown £1000, extraction £86 . Seeing as it doesn't show at all, and he has all his other teeth, he plumped for having it pulled) It took the dentist 30 minutes, he was pouring sweat, with the effort, the nurse had to do the Dr Kildare thing and mop his brow .. all the time OH was lying back, chilling!
He didn't mention being called a clever boy at any time in the procedure
I think we all have to wear goggles now - isn't that because of their light?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top