Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 11:35 AM

Is The Driving Test Too Easy ;-)

How can someone pass the driving test but fail to take into account that the tide comes in - once he'd decided to park on the beach:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/teen-motori...l?vp=1#sAhzz4I

(why was he allowed to park on the beach anyway?)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 11:41 AM

Re: Is The Driving Test Too Easy ;-)

I think it's a lack of common sense rather than driving tests being too easy LOL

We have parked on many beaches over the years lot of councils open them up as parking at certain times (when tide is out usually ).
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 11:45 AM

Oh, I didn't know you could park on the beach - you'd be hauled before the Deemster here if you parked on a beach

Even if you don't think about the tide coming in (I'm ashamed to say I laughed at seeing his car), what about the car sinking into the sand?

I think the driving test should include a common sense element as well Julie
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 11:49 AM

It isn't all beaches just safe to park on ones with easy access. We have parked many times where that young man did, it's well posted on signage along the front the tide times and where you can park safely. He must have ignored the signs or thought they didn't apply to him !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

24-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Now I'm curious! How come your car doesn't sink into the sand? One area on the Island is called The Ayres (a nature reserve) and the whole area is sand (but a lot covered in grasses) and people park in certain places and their cars sink into the sand and, obviously, they can't get out again (granted not all places there will result in your car sinking but quite a few places they will) - I wonder why?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-07-2013, 12:02 PM

I'll bet someone who knows about physics could help with that one, me I just think it's magic
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2013, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'll bet someone who knows about physics could help with that one, me I just think it's magic
Well, you could be closer to the truth than you think on the Island, there is a naughty creature called The Buggane and he gets up to all sorts of unpleasant stuff so maybe if cars have inadvertently been parked where he's sitting (unseen that is), he digs them into the sand

(not sure if this picture thing will work but I'll have a go - nasty little blighter he is )

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2013, 02:04 PM

Whoo hoo! It worked
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2013, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Well, you could be closer to the truth than you think on the Island, there is a naughty creature called The Buggane and he gets up to all sorts of unpleasant stuff so maybe if cars have inadvertently been parked where he's sitting (unseen that is), he digs them into the sand

(not sure if this picture thing will work but I'll have a go - nasty little blighter he is )

Karen darlin' just where did you get hold of my picture???
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Karen darlin' just where did you get hold of my picture???
Uncle Joe! I was trying to keep your identity a secret by giving you your official title (that's unknown on here) and now you've blown your cover

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top