Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 12:05 PM

Twin Tales to talk through.

TWins have always facinated me, & many other people I have found share this attraction. In my first school we had dozens of twins, 4 pairs in my close alone. George & Christine, Doreen & Ian & identical twins DErek & Dennis, Sonia & Jeannette.

In later life I came to know many more. Many old wives tales are atttributed to twins . Many twins caN tel of odd things that have happened to a twin which has some how reached the other. Transferred pain is another.
MY dad had ginger twin cousins, BIll & Jimmy, known in the family as RONALD & DONALD. They hated each other

Anyone else share my interest or am I just weird.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 12:19 PM

Re: Twin Tales to talk through.

I'm married to a twin, he couldn't be more different to his brother if he tried, I refer to his brother as the evil twin as my husband seems to have inherited all the nice genes and his brother ... well least said the better really.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 12:20 PM

I have twin son and daughter, born six minutes apart. They are 40 this year and although they get on very well together, I can't say any 'odd' things have happened or transferred between them during their life.

My husband's brother has identical twin boys and they were very close growing up. When one was sick, the other was also sick. I could never tell one from the other and hated birthday and Christmas times as I always gave the wrong present to the wrong twin!

No, you are not weird Robert ..... I'm always interested in hearing about twins
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 12:46 PM

Grew up next door to twins, Jill & June, 6 months older than me. They were a bit mean to me sometimes, they made up stories & backed each other up. I was usually friends with one at a time, probably found them overwhelming together. They had bright ginger hair, I had chestnut, a shade darker, people sometimes thought we were triplets, I soon put them right!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Grew up next door to twins, Jill & June, 6 months older than me. They were a bit mean to me sometimes, they made up stories & backed each other up. I was usually friends with one at a time, probably found them overwhelming together. They had bright ginger hair, I had chestnut, a shade darker, people sometimes thought we were triplets, I soon put them right!
Made me wanna roll up me sleeves gal ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 12:58 PM

My Mother was a twin but the other girl did no live, my grandmother was a twin, my wife had sister twins, they died after a few weeks. I was hoping for twins on the wife's two pregnancies but it didn't happen.
I wish I was a twin, must be great to be have so much in common with another human being.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 01:01 PM

I cannot recall any twins around when i was younger and growing up.
Yet nowadays there seems to me a great many around.
I have inherited twin grandchildren boy and girl, from my dau in laws first marriage, and then I have twin boy grandchildren by courtesy of eldest son and his wife. These are not supposed to be identical, but it's difficult to tell them apart at times, one is more of an 'engineer' likes to know how things work, and the other is more of an entertainer (5yrs old).
The only way I could be sure I got the right one if they were dressed alike, was to look closely at the face, one has a very feint scar above an eyebrow.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My Mother was a twin but the other girl did no live, my grandmother was a twin, my wife had sister twins, they died after a few weeks. I was hoping for twins on the wife's two pregnancies but it didn't happen.
I wish I was a twin, must be great to be have so much in common with another human being.

I have often pondered on this very notion Jem. I have always come to the same conclusion, that is, I would get on my nerves ,come up with the same jokes & be envious of "Robert Senior's" successes
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have twin son and daughter, born six minutes apart. They are 40 this year and although they get on very well together, I can't say any 'odd' things have happened or transferred between them during their life.

My husband's brother has identical twin boys and they were very close growing up. When one was sick, the other was also sick. I could never tell one from the other and hated birthday and Christmas times as I always gave the wrong present to the wrong twin!

No, you are not weird Robert ..... I'm always interested in hearing about twins

Thanks Mags, good to know I'm not Weird lol
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 02:42 PM

For some reason, I am fascinated by identical twins (although I wouldn't want to be one) but have no idea why!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top