Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 01:17 PM

Pipe smoker?

Anyone here smoke or has smoked a pipe? I don't normally like any sort of smoke but, the thread about perfume reminded me of a lovely smelling pipe smoke, it was caramely a bit incensey, and very nice, does any one know what it is or was? (references to "rough shag" to be given taken in the tobacco context only please!)
Anyway they should make scented candles in this flavour! IMO
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 01:20 PM

Re: Pipe smoker?

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Anyone here smoke or has smoked a pipe? I don't normally like any sort of smoke but, the thread about perfume reminded me of a lovely smelling pipe smoke, it was caramely a bit incensey, and very nice, does any one know what it is or was? (references to "rough shag" to be given taken in the tobacco context only please!)
Anyway they should make scented candles in this flavour! IMO

Yes Twiz darlin' I used to smoke a pipe. It could be Sobranie mixture you smelt or a dutch tobacco entitled 'Clan'. Both of them are heavily perfumed.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 01:25 PM

Pipe smoking always reminds me of my Grandad who always smoked St. Bruno.

It was a favourite present to buy him in those days - no age restrictions then - or a packet of "spells" to light the pipe with.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Are there still tobacconists? I could go & whiff, buy some & put in a burner.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 01:45 PM

They're hard to find now gal ......
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 01:46 PM

I have 4 pipes - a nicely carved meershaum, a 'Calabash', a 'Churchwarden' and an everyday pipe. I started smoking 'Clan', but switched to Condor light. Now I generally buy tobacco blends in Germany. I smoke very little these days, and I'm currently making my way through a tin of 'Hamburg Christmas mix' which comes in different novelty tins each year.

There are a few tobacconists here, but there are a lot more on the continent. When I was small, I remember going with mother to the tobacconists to get an ounce of 'plug' for Grandad. (This was cut with a semi-circular knife from a block of tobacco.) He would peel shreads of this off with a well worn penknife and rub it in his hands before packing his pipe.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

22-07-2013, 01:51 PM

My Dad took snuff, not pleasant, I still have his boxes they smell like him! He gave up eventually.
Next time I smell "that" pipe smell I'll have to chase down the smoker & ask which it is, I think it may be Clan. With a bit of luck he'll have a beard too!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 01:52 PM

You really cheer me up Twiz - just wanted to say that .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 02:10 PM

I dabble in the pipe now and then, a 50 gram pouch would last me a month and it's usually 'Mick McQuaid's ready rubbed', lovely smell, can't stand that sweet smelling stuff. I think they all come ready rubbed now.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

22-07-2013, 02:14 PM

Ooooo, like the sound of that! Careful, could get into trouble here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top