Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 09:31 AM

Got to share this ......

I'm in fits of laughter - just heard on the radio, a fella talkin about his wifes pregnancy. For weeks she kept asking him to be present at the birth and he kept refusing. A week before the birth, he reluctantly agreed to be there.
Came the day, hes there, looking around the delivery room when suddenly it happened ! The next thing he remembers is being dragged across the floor and used as a doorstop
The presenter said - did you faint....... YES

I - collapsed with laughter ....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 09:39 AM

Re: Got to share this ......

LOL I always said I didn't want my husband present, and as it worked out I never got full term so I was in emergency situations anyway. But the principle of him seeing me in a less than happy state just didn't appeal to me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 09:48 AM

..... Unless hes a doctor - who would want him there ....
I wouldn't want me hubbs at the dentist thats for sure
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 11:25 AM

I was present at the birth of my second child............that was enough for me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 11:36 AM

To be fair I think most women would prefer not to be there too
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 12:38 PM

Hubby was on his way back from the pub when neighbour told him ambulance on the way, he and ambulance arrived at same time. He took me by the elbow saying lean on me I said "I'm in bluddy labour I've not broke me leg" When we got there I told him to get lost and ring up later, but he came to see me in the labour ward, I was Not a Happy Bunny,he almost passed out then. Taken from there to be put in a bath told no rush, then dragged out of bath and told no time for enama, took into delivery room put on table legs in stirrups and nurse said "Would you like a mirror" Bluddy 'ell at this point do I care wot me 'air looks like, do I eck as like. No so you can see the birth, see it, I can bluddy feel it why do I want to see it as well, just get it bluddy out. I spent the next 1/2hr alternating between screaming, swearing and apologising for the previous two. Would I really want my hubby there too....... not on yer nellie.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-07-2013, 02:03 PM

....Hope you can look back and larf now gal ......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2013, 02:37 PM

My SIL was supposed to be my daughter's birthing partner for their second child and was looking forward to the event even though he felt faint and nauseous with their first. The moment of truth arrived when my daughter went into labour, we rushed to her house to look after our granddaughter during the event. My SIL rushed home from work to be with with his wife at the hospital. He arrived home, took one look at our daughter, rushed to the loo and immediately vomited and said he couldn't go! I told my daughter not to worry as I would stay with her all the way through, my husband had to drive us both to the hospital where she gave birth an hour and a half later.

I felt very honoured and proud that she allowed me to be present at the birth of my grandson, I was even allowed to hold him first, minutes after he was born ..... I was elated and wouldn't have missed the experience for the world.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-07-2013, 03:37 PM

Mags - having 'Mum' there is a far better idea, shes been thru it for a start
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2013, 09:18 PM

My ex-husband asked if I could hold on until Match of the Day finished - he never got any better - that's why he's my EX !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top