Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 04:51 AM

Happy Friday Folk.

People going into Lichtenstein castle near Reutlingen in Germany. The water authorities are asking us to be careful in our use of water. It's only 6 months ago that our region was awash with water.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 07:15 AM

Re: Happy Friday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all ......
Wishes to you for a loverly day ....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 07:24 AM

Happy Friday Folks, thought I had better let you know that it has been hot.. damned Hot, but we got through the night. Dont know whats happening to me,my brain has forgotten that I am AnneJackson.. the girl who can do all things, and here I am crawling about with a stick.Antway having a go at another day.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 08:45 AM

Good Morning all, sounds like it is going to be even hotter today.

Didn't sleep so well last night for the first time this heatwave, had to do some reading just before 3am, and then dropped off again till 6.15am
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 08:55 AM

Morning everyone, glorious here again and just back from the forest, having walked the dogs for an hour...

Off to our eldest daughter's graduation later on today at Leicester. She is a mature student who has gained a first class honours degree in orthidontry, whilst working full time and raising her family. I just can't describe how proud of her we are .....

Have a great day folks

Barry
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by valice ->
Good Morning all, sounds like it is going to be even hotter today.

Didn't sleep so well last night for the first time this heatwave, had to do some reading just before 3am, and then dropped off again till 6.15am
Valice I will try the frozen water and fan today, will let you know if it works .......
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 09:04 AM

Pats, I have a fan or two, they just require me to use my arm lol

Well done to your daughter Barry, that requires stamina and determination.
My daughter in law has 4 children and is going to uni doing a degree course, has one more year to go. Unfortunately she is also battling with a disability which can leave her feeling very bad and not at all mobile some days.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2013, 09:07 AM

Valice - I've never been impressed with fans, especially when its hot !
They just circulate the hot air ! So the frozen bottle of water placed in front of the fan - apparently works ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 10:12 AM

Good morning all, isn't the weather just gorgeous, a real bonus, must be payback time for the last couple of lousy summers. Off to the post office now for me pension, there doesn't be a sinner there since the good weather started I think they all get up early and head off for the day on the free train pass.
Well done your girl Barry.
Enjoy yourselves Folks and be careful.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2013, 10:17 AM

buenas dias all. Firstly congratulations to your daughter plantman, that is a real achievement. Yesterday the temperature down by our pool was 48C, it is a real suntrap there but we have an awning on the wall and a couple of umbrellas down there. I use a bedside fan for sleeping, one with a time control, I keep it angled on my head and pillow, switch on for an hour and 9 times out of 10 I sleep well. Occasionally I wake after the time control has switched off, so I just switch it on again for another hour and all is well. Have a nice day all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top