Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 06:56 PM

Flip Flops

I tried flip flops years ago and couldn't get used to that bar between my toes. They felt so uncomfortable.

I fancy having another try. Can anyone recommend a comfy pair, not too expensive, bearing in mind I have broad feet and short toes!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 07:01 PM

Re: Flip Flops

I cant wear those with the bar .... Oh no - but, I do wear flip flops in the summer - so why go for the toe bar Joy .......
Felipe Felop invented them BTW ......
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 07:01 PM

I don't wear flip flops either Joy, I imagine that bar between the toes could make things very sore.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 07:05 PM

That's what happened when I first tried them Val, very sore.

I was hoping they have improved since and they are more comfortable.

Flip Flops without a toe bar Pats? I think I had better start Googling.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 07:08 PM

Oh yes - wouldn't wear anything else in the summer, cant be closed in - me feet need air
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 07:54 PM

I used to wear the traditional leather sandals in weather like this, very comfortable and no little irritating thing to go between your toes, you cant get them now, only the flip flop type that keep slipping off me feet at the back, and when you try to walk up stairs you have to squeeze your toes to try to keep them from falling back down the stairs, it's torture!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 08:09 PM

I have several pairs of flip flops without the bar.
I found the toe bar ones too painful to wear.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 08:37 PM

I virtually live in flipflops but I need the toe bar because my feet slide straight through the ones without. I did used to get sore between the toes when I first started wearing them (years ago) but soon got used to them and don't get sore at all these days.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 08:57 PM

Flip-flops (also called zōri, thongs, jandals, "go-aheads", or a variety of other names throughout the world) are a type of open-toed sandal typically worn in casual situations, such as outside or at the beach. They consist of a flat sole held loosely on the foot by a Y-shaped strap that passes between the first and second toes and around either side of the foot. They may also be held to the foot with a single strap over the front of the foot rather than a thong. The name "flip-flop" originated because of the sound that is made by slapping between the sole of the foot and the floor when walking.

c/o WIKI

I wouldnt wear them, ever. Everyone would see my bright green painted toe nails.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 09:09 PM

It's a case of getting used to the bar I found, for years I thought I couldn't wear them then decided kill or cure and just went for it. After the soreness wears off they are really comfy to wear.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top