Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 05:53 AM

The Pamplona Bull Run.

I simply cannot understand the mentality of those who put their lives at risk but running just ahead of crazed bulls. Surely they can find less dangerous ways of getting a buzz.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 07:18 AM

Re: The Pamplona Bull Run.

Alan matey, you can't always legislate to account for total idiots!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I simply cannot understand the mentality of those who put their lives at risk but running just ahead of crazed bulls. Surely they can find less dangerous ways of getting a buzz.
I have always thought 'the run' was complete madness even more so after my dog and I accidentally got between a cow and her calf when going through a gateway on a public footpath and I had to run for my life

As UJ says you can't do much about idiots...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 09:10 AM

But isn't it really satisfying to see the bulls score direct hits once or twice for a change...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
But isn't it really satisfying to see the bulls score direct hits once or twice for a change...
Yes. I came to that conclusion after going to see a bullrun near our house in Spain; I had naievely believed it was about bulls running some kind of race or something (this was a fair few years ago). You end up being hemmed in inside cages to stop you from gettng hurt so getting out again wasn't easy. The two bulls (youngsters actually) didn't want to run no matter how much the men taunted them. The bulls were led back into a cabin thing and all hell broke loose in there and the bulls came out raging. I was told later by a local that if the bulls are too placid, they rub the bulls noses with sandpaper then rub salt into the broken skin. Nice.

So yes, anyone who supports that treatment by taking part, I do feel a moment of satisfaction (as long as they're not too badly hurt).
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 09:36 AM

Total stupidity, every year I say the same thing when I hear that some one got trampled/gored etc.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 09:54 AM

Agree with you all - makes you wanna SCREAM !!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 01:08 PM

“‘Nobody ever lives their life all the way up except bull-fighters.’” – Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises

Love it or hate it, the annual Running of the Bulls, part of the San Fermin Festival in Pamplona, Spain, never fails to excite, dismay, and disgust.

http://blogs.pjstar.com/eye/2013/07/...s-in-pamplona/
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 01:48 PM

If you don't agree with it, think it's stupid or just plain dangerous, then don't do it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2013, 02:04 PM

I wont !!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top