Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:15 PM

Duck!

Would you have loved to have seen this:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/duck--the-s...l?vp=1#fh0O0Un

Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:35 PM

Re: Duck!

A bit close, but YES I would have loved that!
I love watching planes, especially fighter jets. My hubby is into aeroplanes in a big way, works with them too.

I've lost count of the number of times we've gone on holiday somewhere but its had to be within spitting distance of an airfield, if not, a low flying area!!!

We live a few miles from Woodford Airfield which has now closed down. Very sad. Lots of aircraft were built there, including the Lancaster and Vulcan. They used to have an annual airshow but that is now a thing of the past. Used to enjoy watching from our bedroom window.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:37 PM

We have the Red Devils come here every year for TT and they come very low over North Prom - brilliant
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:40 PM

That's quite a normal occurance . ..around here.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
We have the Red Devils come here every year for TT and they come very low over North Prom - brilliant

You probably mean the Red Arrows but there are Red Devils who are a parachute display team.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Yes, lots of airfields in Lincolnshire Pats. Have been over that way lots of times.

I used to live in Doncaster and when I was a little girl would see the Vulcans regularly fly over from Finningley. Those were the days.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

14-07-2013, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
You probably mean the Red Arrows but there are Red Devils who are a parachute display team.
thank you Chesh - I think my brain has retired to the land of nod before my body!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 09:51 PM

Yes, lots of airfields in Lincolnshire Pats. Have been over that way lots of times.

I used to live in Doncaster and when I was a little girl would see the Vulcans regularly fly over from Finningley. Those were the days.
Ah the beautiful Vulcan what an aircraft....we see the Lanc regularly now, and you have to stop and look no matter how many times you see it.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-07-2013, 09:59 PM

I know what you mean about the Lancaster. Very majestic aircraft. You know its coming by the engines before it gets anywhere near.
Pats
Lincolnshire

14-07-2013, 10:11 PM

I know what you mean about the Lancaster. Very majestic aircraft. You know its coming by the engines before it gets anywhere near.
There's no mistaking the sound of those Merlin engines Cheshire Cat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top