Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2013, 10:06 PM

Neighbours!!!!!

What can I do about this:
My neighbour's garden adjacent to mine is very long, the end of it is level with my bungalow. They live in the next road. Imagine 69 with more 9 than 6. (NO!) Their kids scream & shout & play at my end, parents can't hear them from the house. They light bonfires down my end, yesterday we had to have windows shut all late afternoon & evening.
Today the woman saunters up to the fence, which is covered in their weeds which they don't cut. She says that next weekend they're having a class of 9-10 year olds, camping in the garden, the tents & campfires will be down my end, she hopes they won't disturb us too much but they will see how it goes!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2013, 10:19 PM

Re: Neighbours!!!!!

Oh for goodness sake!! Sound like a right bunch of Ns from hell!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2013, 10:23 PM

It's private tenants, huge house loads of kids, they move in just after me last autumn. I don't think the landlord will be bothered. Surely they have to have insurance etc. for that sort of thing. I'm social housing so no-one will give a hoot about us.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2013, 10:34 PM

I'm still having problems with my upstairs neighbours who rent ( I am a shared owner). I had a continued phone conversation with our housing association on Friday and said 'how dare they, how DARE they...come along and rent, and behave as if they were the only people in the block?!'

She tried to compare their actions with her daughter at home! For crying out loud! I am sending off diary sheets where I've logged all the disturbances from them and she will order sound monitoring equipment, but reckons readings will come back satisfactory.

I asked 'is it satisfactory to deprive somebody of their sleep, night, after night, after night? That they wake me up when coming in, or by just slamming windows shut with a BANG, so I then lie awake for hours stewing in temper?!'

I think I convinced her. Grudgingly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2013, 10:35 PM

How about a nice smelly compost bin next to the fence with some sheep dung and rotting leaves
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

07-07-2013, 10:42 PM

Trouble is the fence is a couple of yards from my bedroom, I thought I might squirt some honey over a couple of days before. They made such a fuss yesterday because there was a slow worm by the bonfire! I may catch one & paint some zig-zags on it!
Even if they're teachers surely they can't have that many kids camping?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 08:29 AM

Annoying as it is at least she has been polite and let you know. Noise is one of the most annoying things, the main reason we have a static caravan away from here is with 44 flats and some recently housed noisy neighbours we need a bit of peace sometimes.

Ours also flood us out regularly and delightful twist this weekend was they set off the fire alarms 3 times apparently the button said push so 10 year old did as asked Parents response "boys will be boys" fire brigades response "once more and we will not attend".
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 08:52 AM

I love the sound of kids playing, there is not a finer sound, you could have neighbours who play music loud, that is where I would draw a line, but kids no!
Buy some bangers and do the kids some bangers and mash, and they will love you for ever.
Then one day if they are making a noise which is a bit over whelming, pop along to the fence and ask them to play quieter.
And being as they have told you, maybe pop out for a day yourself, that way everyone would be happy.
Remember when buying a property, you don't buy the neighbours or the view, they both can change.
When the weather is nice the children are going to be excited, cor blimey it isn't much in a year is it, how often do we get weather where we can enjoy the garden.
Remember we were kids one day, wasn't we.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2013, 09:25 AM

That's very true Wrinkly when we had 4 young children in the flat above us we never minded the noise it's the family from hell who play music loud, have sex loudly and flood us out with their baths that are annoying.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

08-07-2013, 10:52 AM

I wasn't allowed to annoy people, neither were my kids or are my grandkids. There's far too much of this "Oh, there only having fun" attitude. The woman wasn't polite it was a "Put up with it, cos it's gonna happen anyway" kind of statement. I'm not well, my daughter's got mental health problems, my one sister's about to have radio active implants put in her as a last attempt to kill cancer that she has had for years, I have lots of other things going on at the moment and I'm supposed to feed these spoiled, selfish people hotdogs! My happiness and enjoyment of my home & garden, tiny as it is, obviously takes second place. Typical of the attitude of the government and the "I'm all right Jack" brigade.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top