Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2013, 12:01 PM

What's In A Name?

Katie Hopkins has started a furore on Twitter (apparently) regarding her comments on a daytime programme where she stated that she judges a child by it's name and wouldn't allow her children to fraternise with anyone called Chantalle or Brooklyn:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/holly-...nlwYWdl;_ylv=3

(her face at the end is priceless )

What do you think of her comments? Is it a ploy to keep her in the headlines as being ruthlessly outspoken? Fame hunger fed at any cost?

Does the old adage 'no such thing as bad press' still hold true?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Re: What's In A Name?

I stumbled upon this lady while looking for something for something else, I can't remember what.

At first I thought it was a wind up, then I decided it was a clever bit of free publicity.

THen I thought "She really means it"

Frightening ennit?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2013, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Katie Hopkins has started a furore on Twitter (apparently) regarding her comments on a daytime programme where she stated that she judges a child by it's name and wouldn't allow her children to fraternise with anyone called Chantalle or Brooklyn:
I remember Katie from the apprentice and she has never shied away from expressing her opinion since then .
Making tactless comments seems to have bought her a degree of notoriety and attention for which she is no doubt paid.

I would not choose to call my child a silly name however a child should not be judged by its name or penalized for a choice of name made by parents.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2013, 12:58 PM

Well I have noticed that those who give their children idiotic names, are not those I'd invite to tea ......
I think it does give insight into the character of the parents, feel for the young ones, there again they wont be so odd, as many children will share their name ..... Its another 'sheep' fad, celebs do it - so we will .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2013, 01:42 PM

She is an dreadful snob and like a couple of other ladies in the press lately (mostly in the daily mail) thinks carefully before she speaks because she needs to make as much money from each utterance as she can. From this she will make quite a lot and as a bit of a fame seeker she has also scored on that account too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2013, 01:47 PM

Cant comment on the celeb mentioned - as all celebs, leave me cold - unless they do something incredibly humane and worthwhile .....
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2013, 02:21 PM

I can see where she's coming from. Chavvy, ridiculous names like Kayleen or Chelsee do say something about the family the child comes from. Sad but true.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2013, 02:51 PM

I guess my grandaughter Daytona's safe then!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2013, 03:33 PM

You 'crazy diamond' !!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2013, 04:07 PM

What I loved was when she didn't like place names for children then was outed as having called her own daughter India, that alone shows she is just saying rubbish to get fame/notoriety and money IMO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top