Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2013, 11:23 PM

Warmer than average July?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23132027

Can we believe the Met Office, I wonder?

We are long overdue a nice spell of weather, the gardeners will welcome it but how long before we are issued with drought warnings once more?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2013, 11:45 PM

Re: Warmer than average July?

Wouldn't it be great if you could believe it, cheer everyone up and we are not half due a decent Summer, of course we'll have the save the water crowd on our backs, but we get them even when it's been raining for weeks, the old reliables. Still it would be nice to be able to make a few arrangements for an outing a day or two in advance, and great for the kids on holidays, bring it on Lord!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2013, 12:01 AM

Anglian Water issued a ban last year.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2013, 07:37 AM

Looks great and I cant wait. I love sunny weather. 25 to 30 degrees for about 10 days is predicted. I think the drought
orders might not be as often as the rain we had last year filled up all the underground cavities we need for reserve water so might not happen this Summer. I think they issue them to stop you wasting water which a lot of people do. Saying that so do the Water companies who don't fix leaks quickly. Happy sunny days to all.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2013, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Wouldn't it be great if you could believe it, cheer everyone up and we are not half due a decent Summer, of course we'll have the save the water crowd on our backs, but we get them even when it's been raining for weeks, the old reliables. Still it would be nice to be able to make a few arrangements for an outing a day or two in advance, and great for the kids on holidays, bring it on Lord!
Oh I agree wouldn't it be nice to make arrangements to go out without taking everything with you just in case in rains (which it usually does).
When we go for a day out it seems like I take everything but the kitchen sink.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2013, 09:46 AM

We have water butts (everywhere )
One on the shed, two on the greenhouse, one on the home .. so we haven't had to use the hose yet!
But I do hope the sun shines - didn't we call it a heatwave once?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2013, 10:54 AM

Just gone and got a cardigan and socks to put on, not so warm here. So if it could start soon I would be happy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2013, 01:03 PM

Dont begrudge you the warm weather you crave - for me it will be Hell as it was yesterday .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top