Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 09:42 AM

A Good Garage.

Today I experienced a rare thing, a car repair shop that's not all about ripping you off. A bulb had blown in my indicator so I went round, off the cuff, to the garage I use for servicing and MOT. He did it immediately and charged me 60p. I offered him a £10 note and he waved his hand and said it didn't matter. You don't get service like that very often these days.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 09:47 AM

Re: A Good Garage.

Sounds good Alan.
We keep a set of spares from Halfords, in the boot.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 10:22 AM

Good to hear Alan - the dreaded garage and mechanics, so good when you find a good 'un - which we did eventually... Heard the other day, that after years of dodgy workmen, a guy finally found a good 'un, an older man who did an excellent job, he then handed back £500 - the houseowner said 'whats that for' - I over-estimated the job - says he ...
How 'bout that ! The workman has since retired and his son has taken over the business so the house owner uses the skills of the son now, who is just as good as his father....
Unfortunately, not in my area ......
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 11:12 AM

We have a good local garage too run by father and son, in fact the father was actually a school pupil of my Dad's, and when Dad got to know about him starting up his garage business, Dad used to take his car there to be serviced even though it was out of his way.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2013, 01:42 PM

I'm happy with my local garage - not the cheapest, but they do a good job and pay attention to detail. I'm more than happy to let them service our car and motorhome.

Some time ago when I was getting new windows fitted to the house, I asked if I needed to pay a deposit up front. They said 'No, you can pay when you're satisfied that the job has been done properly'.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top