Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 06:32 PM

A Friendly Blackbird.

The last few days have been pleasantly warm so we have left our back door open until about 8pm. There has been a blackbird sat on the roof just outside the door singing it's heart out and entertaining us for an hour or so. Isn't nature wonderful!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 06:37 PM

Re: A Friendly Blackbird.

Oh Alan - lucky you - I miss my Blackbird 'Pepe' ....
Nature is wonderful and Blackbirds are so gifted with their tunes and whistles.....
mothballs
england
mothballs is female 

21-06-2013, 09:09 PM

A blackbird's song is one of the nicest to listen to.

I've been lucky this year as our resident blackbird has made a nest in the back garden. One fledgling emerged a few days ago so I've had an extra treat.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 09:20 PM

I love the blackbirds too and we're lucky to have a resident family in our small garden. They become quite indignant when we sit out and disturb their peace lol !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 08:04 AM

I also love Blackbirds but our resident didn't have a good year this year with his babies. One was killed by a cat and the other one he had was blown out of the nest last week when a 50mph wind came with hailstones and rain. It sounded like a train going past my house.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top