Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 04:27 PM

Set the ball rolling

My left hip, which I had replaced in 2005, has for the past few weeks been giving me aggravation. Saw my GP this afternoon (wife of my surgeon). I now have forms for an x-ray and blood test as a prelude to yet another hip replacement procedure.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 04:40 PM

Re: Set the ball rolling

Oooh, painful Geoff.
My son-in-law had his done about 20 years ago! I'll not tempt fate by saying he is still doing well, even though he takes liberties and works too hard.
Good luck.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 04:48 PM

Wish you well UJ - not good news ....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
My left hip, which I had replaced in 2005, has for the past few weeks been giving me aggravation. Saw my GP this afternoon (wife of my surgeon). I now have forms for an x-ray and blood test as a prelude to yet another hip replacement procedure.
Sorry to hear that Uncle Joe. I remember you had the right hip replaced not long ago and you seemed to recover from the surgery very well. I thought hip replacements usually lasted a bit longer than 8 years. I seem to remember that the other hip was replaced because of chromium leaching - I don't wish to appear nosey, but is the same thing happening again with your left hip or just wear and tear?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Wish you well UJ - not good news ....
Pats darlin' I was in hospital over xmas 18 months ago having right hip replaced. The timing of this one may well work out that I'll be in hospital over this coming xmas too. Am I phased by it??? - not in the least. If it happens, it happens.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 05:02 PM

Ah Joe - hope its sooner or at least then later - but, if you are in pain with it ....

Good wishes ....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 05:07 PM

My favorite aunt is 92 & has just had a hip replaced. SHe has made an amazing recovery.
I hope your experience this time is as fortunate as hers UJ.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-06-2013, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Sorry to hear that Uncle Joe. I remember you had the right hip replaced not long ago and you seemed to recover from the surgery very well. I thought hip replacements usually lasted a bit longer than 8 years. I seem to remember that the other hip was replaced because of chromium leaching - I don't wish to appear nosey, but is the same thing happening again with your left hip or just wear and tear?
I don't know Rena darlin' not sure whether the pain is due to leaching or just wear & tear - probably won't find that out until they unzip my bum (I have scars across both cheeks already).
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-06-2013, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Ah Joe - hope its sooner or at least then later - but, if you are in pain with it ....

Good wishes ....
Pats darlin' - I'm not phased if I have to go into hospital at Xmas. Last time I had a real 'ball' was only four of us in the ward - me and three women (didn't I do well???) I had a little private room to myself with an ensuite toilet and the slightest move I made made the mattress rustle which the nurses heard at their 'station' just outside the door and they were there catering for my slightest whim - apart from the pain and discomfort (I had liquid morphine to take care of that) it was wonderful!!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 06:16 PM

Sorry to hear that UJ. My next door neighbour is awaiting a hip replacement and worrying about it. I will tell her you think it was a doddle
Unless it was the liquid M

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top